How to reset accessory

Posted on
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:23 pm
Doctor Q offline

How to reset accessory

I updated to the new HomeKit and lost my Indigo devices in Home. I got the bright idea of deleting the HomeKitLink Siri hub from Home and starting over, but now the Home app says I need to reset the accessory (presumably HomeKitLink). I’m getting the feeling I’m going to have to rebuild the Home end to get this to work again. Anyone know a way out of this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:41 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: How to reset accessory

Doctor Q wrote:
I updated to the new HomeKit and lost my Indigo devices in Home. I got the bright idea of deleting the HomeKitLink Siri hub from Home and starting over, but now the Home app says I need to reset the accessory (presumably HomeKitLink). I’m getting the feeling I’m going to have to rebuild the Home end to get this to work again. Anyone know a way out of this?

Probably not unfortunately. Deletion tends to be one way….

Upgrading to 16.4 architecture should not make any difference - unless your Indigo MAC is old, not compatible with the 16.4 homekit changes, but even then most will work. Many have upgraded without problem.

Deleting the HomeKitLink Bridge will delete the security keys needed for it to communicate with Homekit. Once gone, these can’t be recreated.

You are getting the reset accessory command, presumably because your bridge acccessory (the now deleted one) is still connected to the homekit app. You will need to remove it from homekit app first, and then add the new accessory bridge.

You may, big may, be able to move devices from the deleted bridge to a new (will need to be created bridge) using the Move devices command in the plugin config menu. This should work - but is largely for emergency purposes only. Select the from bridge (hopefully available even if deleted….), and the to bridge. This should move old devices across to the new bridge which can pair with homekit.

Posted on
Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:22 pm
Doctor Q offline

How to reset accessory

[quote="GlennNZ"]
You are getting the reset accessory command, presumably because your bridge acccessory (the now deleted one) is still connected to the homekit app. You will need to remove it from homekit app first, and then add the new accessory bridge.

You may, big may, be able to move devices from the deleted bridge to a new (will need to be created bridge) using the Move devices command in the plugin config menu. This should work - but is largely for emergency purposes only. Select the from bridge (hopefully available even if deleted….), and the to bridge. This should move old devices across to the new bridge which can pair with homekit.
[/]

I deleted the HKL bridge from the Home app so I can’t remove any more of it. And I can’t add a new bridge because Home insists it needs to be reset. I’ll try the “may, big may” suggestion and if that doesn’t work,
I’ll rebuild Home. Not that big of a deal, just Hue and a couple of door locks.
Thanks, GlennNZ

Posted on
Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:11 am
GlennNZ offline

Hi

Pre-release Version 0.6.0
https://github.com/Ghawken/HomeKitLink- ... /tag/0.6.0

Adds the potentially risky option of resetting Accessory.

As per release notes:

This allows a bridge to be selected that will have all its security and connection to HomeKit deleted. Gone.
Ideally this should be used if you added bridge to homekit and then deleted it, or tried to add and failed/cancelled.

Before use delete bridge from Home App. Select bridge and run. For good measure restart plugin. And then re-add accessory, hopefully
removing the message that this accessory needs to be reset

Posted on
Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:37 am
Doctor Q offline

That did it, Glenn. Looks like this was causing the problem:

Found Bridge Security File busy_home_708628.state linked to Bridge ID 708628 Deleting this file.

I’m now seeing this, tho it seems to be working:

(hap_handler.py: Function: _pair_verify_two line: 547): Error : Message : ('10.0.1.92', 50761): Client 2524ad81-54bd-4baa-91fa-b9525425432e attempted pair verify without being paired to HomeKitLink Bridge 708628 first.

I’m not finished installing devices yet, so this may be something I haven’t completed. I’ve only seen it twice so far.

Thanks for the quick fix, I’m back in the saddle again.

Posted on
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:05 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

If you haven’t deleted the old bridge from Home App - you might see something similar. Check that it is not there first.

Otherwise - will relate to the 16.4 HomeKit Arch update and the incompatible devices this has left behind. Likely an incompatible device is trying to connect. (Check the IP address to find out which client it is)

Page 1 of 1