Leak Sensor not showing in Home App

Posted on
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:29 pm
Peel offline

I just added a Zooz Water Leak XS sensor to my Z-Wave network, and am able to see it in Indigo. I added the device to my existing bridge, and chose LeakSensor as the HomeKit type, ticked the make this device available box, and chose Save Device, then Save at the bottom of the window. However it doesn't show up in the Home app on my iPhone.. I've stopped and restarted HKL Siri and still nothing. This is my first Leak Sensor type device, so I'm not exactly sure how it presents itself in the Home App. Any advice?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 19.20.17.png
Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 19.20.17.png (104.02 KiB) Viewed 777 times

Posted on
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:15 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

It will depend on the nature of Zooz leak Sensor and how it is setup.

All the HomeKitLink Sensor devices need a True/False or On/Off device state to be passed to HomeKit for the sensor to work. The plugin defaults to the sensorValue which is normally correct.

If doesn’t work (& check hasn’t appeared somewhere strange - sensors are hard to track down as don’t appear in the list of on/off devices)

When you add additional devices to a HomeKit bridge - they appear in the room that you have assigned that bridge to.
Can also go to bridge settings and see accessories.

If truly not there:
Will likely need to unpublish the device from HomeKit.
Save, restarting the bridge.
Check HomeKit app all is working.

Then republish as you attached picture.
This time select Show All Options
& Check the state being published to HomeKit is a True/False (no UI states) and is the correct state that changes when sensor triggered.

(& if that doesn’t work - may be a specific issue with leakSensors that I haven’t completely setup…. Will take a week or 2 for me to be back to look at this…{edit} quick look at code - all seems to be there for LeakSensor)

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:19 am
Peel offline

Re: Leak Sensor not showing in Home App

Thanks Glenn,
Unpublishing and republishing with all options shown and forced to on/off worked.

Page 1 of 1