Upgrading from HomeKit Bridge

Posted on
Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:25 am
yassi offline

Upgrading from HomeKit Bridge

I am still on 2021.x and would like to upgrade now finally to 2022.x
I'm using the old HomeKit Bridge plugin.

What's the correct path here in order to upgrade to the HomeKitLink Siri plugin?
First, upgade to Indigo 2022.x then install this new plugin?
Will it find the already published devices from the old one?
Or do I have to delete all device in HomeKit first and re-create then one by one afterwards?

Thanks for any advise!

Posted on
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:44 am
Colly offline

Re: Upgrading from HomeKit Bridge

Try here: viewtopic.php?f=366&t=26142
Glenn went to a lot of effort to detail the process, you should be able to find all the answers there.

Posted on
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:12 am
yassi offline

Colly wrote:
Try here: viewtopic.php?f=366&t=26142
Glenn went to a lot of effort to detail the process, you should be able to find all the answers there.

Thanks, Colly!
I know about Glen's documentation.
However, it's not clear, if I have to delete the "old" bridge" and the devices before uprdading to the new plugin. But I will do so.

Posted on
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:18 am
papamac offline

I was able to run both HomeKit Bridge and HomeKitLink Siri plugins at the same time. I then deleted devices from HKB and added them to HKLS. HomeKit allows multiple accessory servers, so it's OK to have a HKB accessory and a HKLS accessory.

papamac

Posted on
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:39 am
durosity offline

Hey Yassi,

Do you have any native HomeKit devices in the system? Or anything published from HomeBridge? Also what version of iOS are you running on your iPhone?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:26 pm
yassi offline

papamac wrote:
I was able to run both HomeKit Bridge and HomeKitLink Siri plugins at the same time. I then deleted devices from HKB and added them to HKLS. HomeKit allows multiple accessory servers, so it's OK to have a HKB accessory and a HKLS accessory.

papamac

OK, thanks!
Will try it.

Posted on
Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:29 pm
yassi offline

durosity wrote:
Hey Yassi,

Do you have any native HomeKit devices in the system? Or anything published from HomeBridge? Also what version of iOS are you running on your iPhone?

Hi durosity,

no native HomeKit devices, everything comes from Indigo.
I have two iPhones on iOS 16.2, one on 15.7.2

Yassi

Posted on
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:04 pm
durosity offline

If it wasn't for the iPhone on iOS 15 I'd suggest just deleting the home and setting up from scratch as the new HomeKit architecture is much faster in response time for me.. but that only works if you're using iOS 16.2 or above. I had a horrible time upgrading from the old architecture to new but deleting and re-building was dead easy and resulted in a much more stable system. Seems quite a few people have had similar results (I guess that's why Apple disabled the option to upgrade to the new HomeKit system)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:19 am
yassi offline

durosity wrote:
If it wasn't for the iPhone on iOS 15 I'd suggest just deleting the home and setting up from scratch as the new HomeKit architecture is much faster in response time for me.. but that only works if you're using iOS 16.2 or above. I had a horrible time upgrading from the old architecture to new but deleting and re-building was dead easy and resulted in a much more stable system. Seems quite a few people have had similar results (I guess that's why Apple disabled the option to upgrade to the new HomeKit system)
OK, I see.
Didn’t switched yet the plugins.
I will try at least to delete the device and re-create them.

And with the new architecture I know there were a lot of issues (the reason Apple pull it out after a while). But now with 16.3 the’ll bring it back.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1