Accessory Already Added - Need to reset it first

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:22 pm
macguyincali offline

Accessory Already Added - Need to reset it first

Hi, I have an insteon device that I deleted (or thought I deleted) from Homekit. I tried to add it back into the Home App and it states that the Accessory is Already Added - Need to reset it first.

I've then deleted the HKL device from Indigo. I've searched for the bridge in Homekit and cannot find it. However, when I try to add the device back into HKL, the device isn't available. It doesn't show up in the dropdown under Publish. What does show up is a dimmed version of the Bridge that was created previously for that device.

Any thoughts, folks?

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:18 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Accessory Already Added - Need to reset it first

macguyincali wrote:
Hi, I have an insteon device that I deleted (or thought I deleted) from Homekit. I tried to add it back into the Home App and it states that the Accessory is Already Added - Need to reset it first.

I've then deleted the HKL device from Indigo. I've searched for the bridge in Homekit and cannot find it. However, when I try to add the device back into HKL, the device isn't available. It doesn't show up in the dropdown under Publish. What does show up is a dimmed version of the Bridge that was created previously for that device.

Any thoughts, folks?
Hi

If the device doesn’t show up in the publish - and you see a dimmed version. Presumably that is in the Published to other Bridges?

You may have deleted the homekit Bridge plugin device with the device still linked to it.

You will need to run the remove orphaned devices from the menu. This command removes linkage of devices that you may have already deleted the bridge for.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1