Back on Indigo - Are HomeKit plugs one way only?

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:48 pm
macguyincali offline

Back on Indigo - Are HomeKit plugs one way only?

After a 6 month or so hiatus (no home automation ughh) due to a malfunctioning PowerLinc, I am back. I had been running an old version of Indigo on an ancient MacMini with no shell on it. When PowerLinc died, I almost gave up on the whole thing. Found a guy on eBay who fixes them and am now back up and running. This time, on a MacStudio. The homekit plugin is a GAME CHANGER. So, now one by one, I am have adding all my insteon switches, lights, etc. (over a hundred) to HomeKit.

In the hiatus that I was not operational, I ended up buying a bunch of homekit devices (a lock, some outdoor switches) and I'd like to add those to Indigo. Is that possible? It may not be entirely necessary if I'm using Homekit to operate but would be nice to be able to include HomeKit devices into my Indigo set up. Any thoughts?

Mac guy in cali.

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:05 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Back on Indigo - Are HomeKit plugs one way only?

Yeah, the integration is one-way using the HomeKit plugin. There might be specific plugins for those new devices, so you should check the plugin store.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:58 pm
macguyincali offline

Got it. Quick search for "Level Home Lock" didn't seem to reveal a plugin for that one. Does anyone have that lock? It's the only lock I could find that is completely invisible. You can turn any deadbolt into a homekit lock.

-JP

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:59 pm
FlyingDiver offline

macguyincali wrote:
Got it. Quick search for "Level Home Lock" didn't seem to reveal a plugin for that one. Does anyone have that lock? It's the only lock I could find that is completely invisible. You can turn any deadbolt into a homekit lock.

I have two of them. Never looked into getting them into Indigo, I just use Siri to control them.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:30 pm
macguyincali offline

I guess so that's probably what I'm going to do. HomeKit has gotten pretty adaptable, though there are still things I can't do, like turn off the irrigation (plugged into a meross switch) when it rains.

-macguyincali

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:41 pm
macguyincali offline

Is there a nest plugin that is recent? I found one that the last post was 2016. I can't imaging that one will work with the new Google implementation. Also, Meross plugins?

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:06 am
Different Computers offline

There's an intermediate way to bridge to HomeKit: command line scripts triggering shortcuts that talk to HomeKit. Check here viewtopic.php?f=133&t=25936&start=15 and see the August 31 post by @anyone (that's his user name.)

I use this to bring some Nanoleaf Essentials bulbs into Indigo.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:57 pm
tcherna offline

Page 1 of 1