DSC alarm zones

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:19 pm
Monstergerm offline

DSC alarm zones

I am also testing now adding DSC zones and DSC keypads.

First thing I noticed is that under the default settings, any DSC zone added as default "Security" device type will become a DSC keypad, which is not what one wants and it causes a KeyError in the plugin.

I seem to be able to override this by selecting "Show all options" and then selecting e.g. contact sensor or occupancy sensor as device type. Contact sensor devices can then later be changed to window or door in the Home app. So this seems to work nicely. But, when open a zone, Home app does not show the zone as open. What is wrong here? I did not select anything under Device State in the setup since I got an error message with what I thought should be selected:
ContactSensorState: value=closed is not a numeric value.

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:40 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: DSC alarm zones

There is no support for DSC Zones, nor is there support for every plugin custom device type. Nor will there be.

A contact sensor or a occupancy sensor (or for a zone I would suggest a motion sensor is best fit) - as per the instructions - need to have a TRUE FALSE value only. Anything else will cause an error.

If that is not available in the custom device you are trying to squeeze into Homekit it will not work. If there is a true / false representative of the zone state as a custom state in the DSC zone - then you can use that as the user selected state.

Alternatively you can create a copy of whatever device you are trying to get into Homekit via Masquerade - and then use this more compatible device.

Glenn

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:58 pm
FlyingDiver offline

FWIW, translating alarm zones to on/off sensors was the original purpose of the Masquerade plugin. Then it grew...

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:30 pm
GlennNZ offline

I can't test as don't have hardware - but it would seem if you used the -- may break things -- "show all Options", these are the options shown.

Then select one of the True/False states
state.open == would seem ideal.

Such as here:

That should work for all the T/F sensor devices, hence the open nature of plugin implementation.

Failing that - then Masquerade is excellent.

Glenn

Posted on
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:22 pm
Monstergerm offline

Great, the boolean selection works.
state.open == False is the correct selection.
state.close == True reports the opposite sensor state.

So this should work with all DSC zones.

Page 1 of 1