OutletLinc icons in Home app

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:08 pm
Monstergerm offline

I have two kinds of OutletLinc devices. The older one, where one outlet was controlled by Insteon and the other not (model 2473S). And the newer dual on/off device (model 2663) where both outlets are controlled by Insteon.
Using the HKL-S plugin, the older outlet shows up in the Home app as OutletLinc: Outlet.
The newer outlet shows up as OutletLinc -2663-.

With the new outlet I get in the Home app the option of "Display as" Fan, Light, Outlet.
The older outlet does not give me this option in the Home app. Since outlets often have lights connected to them it would be nice to have this option for the older outlet too.

Is this something that can be implemented?

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:28 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: OutletLinc icons in Home app

I believe this comes down to user selection and is already implemented.

Monstergerm wrote:
Using the HKL-S plugin, the older outlet shows up in the Home app as OutletLinc: Outlet.
The newer outlet shows up as OutletLinc -2663-.

These will simply be the names of the devices that you have chooses for the HomeKit App will they not?
These have no impact any function.

More importantly will be what type of device you have made these devices in HomeKit - this impacts what options they can be changed to from within the App.

The most simple “Lightbulb_switch” with no dimming, can within the HomeKit app be changed into fan/light or switch. Indeed as can the simple switch HomeKit device.

Not having this information - would suggest you unpublish the devices from bridge, restart bridge (by saving config page). Check devices gone and then republish them as switch’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:16 pm
Monstergerm offline

OK, I see it now. An Outlet can be changed to be displayed as Fan, Light, Outlet in Home app.
A Switch can be changed to be displayed as Fan, Light, Switch in Home app.
I assume those rather limited options are coming from the Home app itself (Apple) and cannot be expanded with your plugin?

However, I am wondering about the device type options that can be selected under the expanded "Show all options". Several of them are repeated, e.g. Fan, Outlet, Lightbulb. Are there any differences between them?
Also there is a Window but not a Door type. Does this matter?

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:36 pm
GlennNZ offline

Monstergerm wrote:
OK, I see it now. An Outlet can be changed to be displayed as Fan, Light, Outlet in Home app.
A Switch can be changed to be displayed as Fan, Light, Switch in Home app.
I assume those rather limited options are coming from the Home app itself (Apple) and cannot be expanded with your plugin?
However, I am wondering about the device type options that can be selected under the expanded "Show all options". Several of them are repeated, e.g. Fan, Outlet, Lightbulb. Are there any differences between them?
Also there is a Window but not a Door type. Does this matter?

Yes the selection options are limited within HomeKit app - they are all switches underneath.

The plugin options are not repeated - a Fan is different to an Outlet, and different to a Lightbulb!
Whilst underneath there are similarities - they display differently, and otherwise every device would need to be then selected in the Homekit app and altered.

There is a Window, but not Door?
There are contact sensors/devices which can be visually altered to a more sensible representation of the device/contact they are showing.
The Window is a specific window device which can be partially opened etc. Different, but similar to blind.
Last edited by GlennNZ on Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:41 pm
Monstergerm offline

I am talking about these duplicate selections. Wondering whether there are any differences.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 6.31.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 6.31.52 PM.png (201.92 KiB) Viewed 902 times

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:54 pm
GlennNZ offline

Monstergerm wrote:
I am talking about these duplicate selections. Wondering whether there are any differences.

No - they are all the same. Will be a display issue as to how I grouped them for automatic selection. Similar devices grouped together.,

Purely cosmetic.

Removed in version 0.3.18

Page 1 of 1