Cannot see devices

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2022 1:35 am
berkinet offline

Cannot see devices

Indigo 2022.1.1
Plugin 0.3.1

I installed the cryptography module and ran the xattr command after installing and updating the plugin.
The Home app sees the hub and the published devices. However, it is unable to connect to any of the devices
This accessory is not responding.

Any ideas?

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2022 2:47 am
GlennNZ offline

Cannot see devices

berkinet wrote:
Indigo 2022.1.1
Plugin 0.3.1

I installed the cryptography module and ran the xattr command after installing and updating the plugin.
The Home app sees the hub and the published devices. However, it is unable to connect to any of the devices
This accessory is not responding.

Any ideas?
Please post a GitHub issue with logging

If there are no log errors - would guess you would post them if existed then it is Likely one the accessory / published devices has broken the bridge through user selection. It should be a device you have setup with via the “ShowALL” {may break bridge} option. HomeKit isn’t very good at letting know what the issue is - will just ‘crap out’ like this. Often it is because state is a string rather than True/False etc. would be interesting to know which device it is though.

Unpublish devices, particularly those that with selectable states, save and start again - do one at a time to track down the offending one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:55 am
GlennNZ offline

Re: Cannot see devices

And Failing that: Can try these generic suggestions from a similar issue on github…

Basically HomeKit can’t connect to your Indigo Mac.
Firewall?
Network issues?
Blocked particularly Ports?
mDNS issue?
Bonjour connection issue?
iOS device issue (old IOS devices have issues)

&

One common error occurs after scanning the QR code. While tryin to connect for 20 seconds or so, the following error is displayed: Home couldn't connect to this accessory.

This appears to result from some cache issue in the Home app. This WiFi trick appears to work however:

Reset Pairing/Accessories as described above.
On your iOS device, use the Forget Network feature in your WiFi settings.
Rejoin your WiFi network.
Attempt to add the homebridge platforms/accessories as you normally would.

&”

This error can also occur when [mDNS] needs to be configured, e.g. when Avanti needs to be setup on Linux.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1