iOS 16.5 trouble

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2023 8:52 am
Different Computers offline

iOS 16.5 trouble

upgraded to 16.5 and HKLS 6.5 and my log is full of
Code: Select all
   HomeKitLink Siri Error          (hap_handler.py: Function: _pair_verify_two  line: 547):    Error :  Message : ('192.168.0.10', 53452): Client 4aaf52b9-de64-4f85-9138-c95e199b432f attempted pair verify without being paired to HomeKitLink Bridge 624307 first.

Multiple other entries that are the same except for IP address as well. Those addresses so far are all those of various HomePods.

However, things *seem* to be working. Not sure what the issue is.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2023 5:38 pm
GlennNZ offline

iOS 16.5 trouble

Hi

I’ll downgrade this message in further release I think to info only.

Basically a error of the security key exchange pair verification. The commonest reason is a incompatible client (OS <16) trying to connect to your Home. Any other verification error may cause it as well - there are various reports of failed upgrades to 16.4, or likely even restarting devices during upgrade so they haven’t completed verification.

Typically it means that whatever client device is causing it - is not compatible with the latest version of Homekit. (was noticeable with 16.4 upgrade)

It still appears regularly with old clients (old Ipads Home app) that can’t get up to 16.4 OS.

It has been seen when devices haven’t probably upgraded.

What did you upgrade to 16.5?

(For what is worth - my Homepods are on 16.5, Home apps 16.5 - and not seeing any verification message)

Would check these clients/Homepods are up to date and probably restart them for good measure.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun May 28, 2023 10:30 am

Re: iOS 16.5 trouble

Seems like all 3 of my HomePods (OG stereo pair and a Mini) had barfed at the upgrade. I had to reset the mini to get it to upgrade, and it stopped giving this error. Haven't done the OGs yet.

Thanks and sorry to bother.

EDIT: OGs done and no more errors.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue May 30, 2023 8:17 am

maybe I spoke too soon.

Code: Select all
   HomeKitLink Siri Error          (hap_handler.py: Function: _pair_verify_two  line: 547):    Error :  Message : ('192.168.1.111', 60298): Client wtf52b9-df64-4f85-9138-REDACTED attempted pair verify without being paired to HomeKitLink Bridge XX9742 first.

The odd thing now is that all my HomePods ARE now functioning properly, as far as I can tell. And to avoid confusion, MACs and other identifiers above are redacted

Posted on
Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:05 am

This came up again, and I'm curious if anyone knows why it happens or how to fix it short of resetting the HomePods.

Posted on
Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:51 pm

Nobody has any idea?

Posted on
Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:55 pm
DaveL17 offline

Sorry, I don't use the HomeKitLink Siri plugin, and this looks like it's a bit in the weeds.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:33 pm

Well, I've realized after some investigation that the plugin is complaining about an iOS 8 iPad that is signed in to my iCloud account. iOS8 of course can't use current Home app stuff at all.

So on the one hand, this isn't a real problem, but on the other hand, now I have to figure out why things in HomeKit still aren't working correctly when all my actual hubs seem to be set up right.

Page 1 of 1