racarter offline

Re: Life 360 Plugin Locked up

I’m getting the same error

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:20 am
whmoorejr offline

Ditto here on the error.

It looks like there is also a 'cookie-alert' in the error message prior to the 'block' message. Can 'accept cookies' be added to the request? Sorry, just poking at it trying to bring it back to life.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:18 am
cjp767 offline

Life360 has been a fantastic plugin-- very reliable, until the Life360 service decided they didn't like the polling or changed requirements (cookies?). Maybe the author can adjust the plugin.

In the mean time, I've moved to the new-ish Geofence plugin and run an app on my phone called Locative. Instead of polling a service like the Life360 plugin does, the Locative app automatically sends a message through the Indigo Reflector to the Indigo app on your computer. Locative sends a message when you enter or leave a geofenced area. The message changes a device state and I set triggers using that information.

Plugin Store Link: https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/121/

Forum Post: viewtopic.php?f=216&t=26416

Locative in Apple's App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/locative- ... d725198453

The setup was reasonable, but it took a while. Since I've never seen either of these apps/plugins before, there is a learning curve.

Posted on
Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:43 am
ryanbuckner offline

I'm on vacation and will be back on Tuesday. Yes, it looks like they changed the security requirements and I'll have to find a way around it.

In the meantime I would recommend disabling the plugin.

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:09 pm
ryanbuckner offline

I have a fix out that appears to be working for me. You can find it here:

https://github.com/ryanbuckner/life360-plugin/releases

Please note:
A few things to make sure you have done if this does not work for you:

1) Verify your phone number in your Life360 App
2) Change you password through the Life360 website
3) Change your password in the plugin

*Note that I was forced to temporarily disable account verification in the plugin ConfigUI

Posted on
Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:46 pm
whmoorejr offline

Updated version is working on my end. Luckily, one of my kids is out of the house so I was able to get confirmation that locations are updating right away.

I did have to restart my indigo server for everything to get going again. (just depends on ????, sometimes I have to take that extra step with a new or updated plugin to get the kinks out)

Thanks a million Ryan.

Side note / comment / feature request: I want to figure out a way to make a temporary geofence with notifications on the fly. Example use: Kid1 goes to a friend's house for a playdate. You press a indigo button that runs an action... Kid1 current location (friends house) is saved as a temparary geofence. If Kid1 leaves the geofence, an action is run.

I think the only missing ingredient would be a Life360 action that would make a geofence (if possible) or maybe an action that populates a variable with current lat long and activates a trigger that fires whenever device lat/long changes and compairs the current lat/long with the saved variable lat/long? Something like that. If I figure it out, I'll let you know. (Or if you have a solution, I'm all ears)

Bill

Posted on
Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:21 pm
ryanbuckner offline

I think this is doable. Start another thread for the feature request please?

Posted on
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:00 pm
whmoorejr offline

Will do. Starting to tinker with it already.

Bill

Posted on
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:02 am
ryanbuckner offline

I have added the fix to the Plugin Store

Posted on
Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:27 pm
cjp767 offline

Did everyone get an email from Life360 saying that they "identified suspicious activity" on the account?

It looks like they are offering a new way to login-- I don't think thew new way will work with our plugin. I'm leaving mine the regular way and hope it works. Since the plugin logs in each time, the new method of logging in would likely not be in our best interest.

Here's a little cut and paste from the email:

In the Life360 App, visit Settings → Account → Phone Number and verify the phone number associated with your account. Afterwards, you’ll log in by receiving a code delivered directly to your phone instead of using a password.

Posted on
Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:07 pm
ryanbuckner offline

I did too. I’m not changing my way of logging in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:49 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Life360 is apparently locked up again based on further changes from the Life360 developers.

I'll see what can be done , but this might be intentional from Life360

Posted on
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:59 pm
whmoorejr offline

Dang. And we were having so much fun tinkering with the plugin. From my end, it looks just like it did before with the same blah blah attack blah blah cookies blah error message. If I was a programmer, I'd try to make heads or tails out of it.... but I can only play the part of Captian Obvious.

I did troll some of the other home automation threads to see if they were running into similar issues... and sorta, looks like the bulk of them had problems back in June or July.... didn't find anything more recent or helpful to potentially piggy back off someone else's troubleshooting.

Closest thing I could find... don't know if it's helpful: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/77718936/how-to-fix-life360-api-new-cloudflare-error-this-website-is-using-a-security-se

Bill

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:55 am
ryanbuckner offline

yeah that's my post :D

Here's what I have been tracking. https://github.com/home-assistant/core/ ... 1875699137

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:46 pm
ryanbuckner offline

The Home Assistant team reached out to Life360 on this. This was their reply:

Thank you for contacting Life360 about your feedback and request to reconsider the Home Assistant functionality of the app. I will coordinate this with the appropriate team.
We understand the importance of using the Home Assistant program with Life360. However, please be aware that we no longer support home automation programs such as Home Assistant, Google Home, Alexa, IFTTT, and others, and Life360 is no longer compatible with these programs. Currently, we do not have any plans to reintroduce compatibility with these programs yet, we are constantly working to build products our members will love.
We appreciate your feedback and thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I've recorded your feedback so that it can be reviewed and included in the planning of our development team for features to build next.

I think this means that the plugin might be dead