Re: Life 360 Plugin Locked up

Sounds like they're pulling a MyQ.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:43 pm
whmoorejr offline

Ryan, Have you looked at "OwnTracks" ? So far, it looks like the only location sharing type of app that is open sourse with a documented API. From what I can tell, it was written for Home Assistant. I tried using webhooks to see what the GeoFence plugin would do.... it sorta recognized it... the plugin thought it was a geohopper message, but errored. GeoFence Error Received Geohopper data, but one or more parameters are missing

Back to Life360.... if you come across a contact number / email for their customer support.... I know what the answer was, but if we get more people from the indigo community (and HA community) to ping them about providing 3rd party integration via API.... maybe they will budge.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:34 am
ryanbuckner offline

Life360 doesn't appear to plan on supporting home automation, even for paid customers. I think there are plenty of alternatives but not sure I'd have too much luck switching the family over to a new platform for the sake of indigo. The wife cares a lot more about in app features than indigo compatibility.

With that said, I think the HA team reached out on the main support page https://support.life360.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:09 am
whmoorejr offline

I added an email to their pile for 3rd party API support.
I'm in a similar boat with the household acceptance factor. Bark is our main platform for child device monitoring. It only does okay with location and next to zero ability to integrate into indigo. Find Friends is good for location, but Wife and I have 3 kids + 3 adopted which is well above the Apple familiy limit. Life 360 was quickly becoming my favorite as a one-stop-shop for finding everyone and your plugin was pushing it past geo-awareness and really being able to automate with location. (And it's been kinda fun seeing what all can be done and what is/is not possible).

Bill

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:23 am
ryanbuckner offline

I'll keep monitoring the devs on the library side to see if they have a breakthrough.

Posted on
Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:41 pm
whmoorejr offline

Side note: I've made some progress with the Owntrack app and the MQTT plugin stuff. I currently seeking assistance on that forum but it looks promising. (Just in case you feel like messing around with that app)

And I still havn't gotten a reply from my email to Life360.... so I emailed them again.

Bill