New Plugin - Life360

Posted on
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:52 pm
ryanbuckner offline

New Plugin - Life360

I've developed a new Plugin, currently in *pre-release* for Life360. I'll move this conversation to the plugins forum once I receive access.

You can access the GitHub repo here: https://github.com/ryanbuckner/life360-plugin or v0.0.1-alpha release here: https://github.com/ryanbuckner/life360-plugin/releases/download/v0.0.1-alpha/life360.indigoPlugin.zip

What is this?
The Life360 app for iPhone and Android is a real-time location-sharing app. Users can create private groups of people called “circles”, wherein each member of the group shares their location in real-time with other users. Life360 is designed primarily for families. There is a free version and a paid version of Life360. I have not tested with the free version.

The plugin is my first attempt at an Indigo plugin, based on a script I wrote to update variables from Life360 for my family. The Life360 api example was leveraged from the work done by harperreed. It is my first plugin so I look forward to the community helping me identify bugs, add more features, and harden error handling before it's placed in the Plugin Store.

Installation
Before installation, please install the geopy library using the following command: sudo pip install geopy

Download the Life360.indigoPlugin file and double click it

Plugin Config
configure the Plugin by entering:

Username: your life360 username (email address). Any account holder in the Circle can use their account. If you don't have a username or password, you can initiate a password change in the app
    Password: your life360 password
    Authentication Token: Leave this value alone
    Refresh Rate: This is the time (in minutes) between API calls to refresh device states. It's recommended to keep this rate at 3 minutes or more
    The Plugin Config
Dialog should not close unless your username and password are authenticated. Check the Event Log for any errors.

Device Config
1) create a new device of Type life360
2) model should be life360 Circle Member
3) Name your device anything you want. It's preferred to use something indicating the name of the person your device represents
4) Press Edit Device Settings...
5) Choose the member that this device will represent from the dropdown list. If there is nothing in the dropdown, there maybe a problem with your username and password. Check the event log

The Plugin can currently populate devices that represent users in your circle. I've started with 1 circle although Life360 supports multiple.. The current device state is the name of the Geofence your user is currently in, so it will be empty if they are not within a Fence.
Last edited by ryanbuckner on Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:25 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Re: Life360 Plugin

Alpha Release v0.0.2 has included debug toggling and better error handling

Download the release here: https://github.com/ryanbuckner/life360-plugin/releases/download/v0.0.2-alpha/life360.indigoPlugin.zip

Posted on
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:52 am
ryanbuckner offline

Re: New Plugin - Life360

Release 0.0.4 is in the Plugin Store !!

Posted on
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:52 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Re: New Plugin - Life360

The Life360 API was having issues last night and today. They appear to be back up now. Please let me know if you had any issues.

Page 1 of 1