Google Assistant (Google/Nest Home & Android) Beta Testers

Posted on
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:31 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Google Assistant (Google/Nest Home & Android) Beta Testers

As per the Indigo release announcement, I am working on a Google Assistant plugin which will support voice integration with the assistant on both Google/Nest Home physical devices as well as Android mobile devices. Unfortunately, no one in the small developer beta used Google Assistant so it has not been fully put through its paces. I would like to recruit a handful of people interested in testing out the integration prior to a wider release to everyone.

If you are interested, please reply here or send me a DM and we can work out the details.

Thanks!
Adam

Posted on
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:55 am
gbreeze offline

Re: Google Assistant (Google/Nest Home & Android) Beta Teste

I'm interested, willing and able!

Posted on
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:25 pm
damiang1 offline

Me too!

Posted on
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:27 pm
nathanw offline

I'm game.

Posted on
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:13 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Thanks guys... I will be wading through the approval process hopefully starting this weekend -- have to figure out what exactly I need in terms of a demo system for the review process. I've tried following the guidelines carefully, so hopefully goes smoothly and will have you testing soon!

Adam

Posted on
Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:59 pm
zabazoom offline

wondering how this Plugin is coming?

Posted on
Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:56 pm
RogueProeliator offline

wondering how this Plugin is coming?

I submitted the Smart Home Action for review a while ago, but there was a note that reviews were taking longer and that first version publishes go through a longer review process... but haven't heard a peep since then. It is only being published to a "beta" channel (that requires me invite people directly that have responded) but the link doesn't work until their review completes.

Long story short, I have no idea, just a waiting game. :-|

Adam

Posted on
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:15 pm
pxzel offline

Any hint of this moving forward?

Posted on
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:02 am
TimCirque offline

Even though being independently developed, I am surprised something that Indigo has decided to put into their official communications is seemingly not being made a priority.

Thank you for your work on it, Adam

Posted on
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

TimCirque wrote:
Even though being independently developed, I am surprised something that Indigo has decided to put into their official communications is seemingly not being made a priority.

Adam is having issues with Google getting the integration approved. He's working as fast as he can, but they are apparently dragging their feet among other things. We were estimating that the work necessary to get the Google skill approved would be roughly what it took us to get the Alexa skill through. Clearly we were wrong. This really has nothing to do with priority.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:29 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Adam is having issues with Google getting the integration approved. He's working as fast as he can, but they are apparently dragging their feet among other things. We were estimating that the work necessary to get the Google skill approved would be roughly what it took us to get the Alexa skill through. Clearly we were wrong. This really has nothing to do with priority.

Jay is correct -- official from Indigo or not, we assumed the effort of getting the action approved was really 3-5 days as stated in the documentation. It took literally 30 days to get the first review. This has nothing to do with being official or not. The technical issues are resolved, they were minor configuration ones, waiting now only on some clarification of one last request they made and it should be good go.

Posted on
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:07 pm
fyellin offline

I'm also available to volunteer.

Posted on
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:43 am
ryanbuckner offline

I'm happy to test

Posted on
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:38 pm
Nidocamen offline

Hi Adam,

I'm happy to be an additional tester if you need them. Although it sounds like you're probably still waiting on approval from Google. I had to deal with the Google Assistant team when I was working with a team building a new type of smart home hub with a display (prior to the Google/Nest Home Hub launch) and they were unbelievably slow to respond...weeks and weeks went by without email replies. Anyways, I hope you're able to this wrapped up as I want to eliminate my H.A. install which only handles Google Assistant requests and then remotely execs Indigo Actions lol

Thanks for your work on this!

--Joe

Posted on
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:18 pm
Gerby77 offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
As per the Indigo release announcement, I am working on a Google Assistant plugin which will support voice integration with the assistant on both Google/Nest Home physical devices as well as Android mobile devices. Unfortunately, no one in the small developer beta used Google Assistant so it has not been fully put through its paces. I would like to recruit a handful of people interested in testing out the integration prior to a wider release to everyone.

If you are interested, please reply here or send me a DM and we can work out the details.

Thanks!
Adam

It has been a while, any news on this? I would like to be a tester too.
Cheers
Eric