email+ error when using send email action

Posted on
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:20 am
stanleykrasnow offline

email+ error when using send email action

[size=150]I am trying to migrate from Gmail to iCloud mail and in trying to use email action to test the set up I get the following error:
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/email/policy.py", line 146, in header_store_parse
type: Header values may not contain linefeed or carriage return characters
The Indigo log is the first attachment, the mail+ device definition is the second attachment, the mail+ device settings are the third attachment, and the action definition is the fourth attachment.

Can someone please suggest changes I need to make to get this arrangement to work? Thank you.
[/size]
Attachments
configure send email.jpg
configure send email.jpg (104.08 KiB) Viewed 1358 times
email+ SMTP server.png
email+ SMTP server.png (44.81 KiB) Viewed 1358 times
email+ device definition.png
email+ device definition.png (47.96 KiB) Viewed 1358 times
indigo log.jpg
indigo log.jpg (167.41 KiB) Viewed 1358 times

Posted on
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:56 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: email+ error when using send email action

You've got a carriage return in the "From" field in the SMTP Device config dialog.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:59 am
Ian offline

Also having similar issues in the changeover.

using 2022.1

Email+ Error Email+ SMTP Server: SMTP server connection error: [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or not known.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 12.54.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 12.54.55 PM.png (281.18 KiB) Viewed 1336 times

under Login/password....I am using an "app specific password from Apple site" as per the notes. Have tried XXXXXXX@me address for Login and also my regular apple id password....neither worked

Posted on
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:03 am
stanleykrasnow offline

Thank you Joe. I was unable to get rid of the carriage return character in the email+ device defined in the Indigo distribution. I created a new email+ device and keyed in all the device set-up particulars and the test worked! I cannot understand why I could not rid the carriage return character from the distributed device definition. However, ever onward! Thank you again.

Posted on
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:07 am
FlyingDiver offline

stanleykrasnow wrote:
Thank you Joe. I was unable to get rid of the carriage return character in the email+ device defined in the Indigo distribution. I created a new email+ device and keyed in all the device set-up particulars and the test worked! I cannot understand why I could not rid the carriage return character from the distributed device definition. However, ever onward! Thank you again.

That's a weird one. I've never seen the code that does the conversion from the old internal SMTP settings to the Email+ device, so I can't comment on why it was there. As far getting rid of it, did you do a command-a then backspace? I've never seen that not work, but there's a first time for everything.

Oh wait - did you restart the plugin (or the device) after making the change? There's a really old bug in the code that doesn't use new settings until a restart. That was probably it.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:10 am
FlyingDiver offline

Ian wrote:
Also having similar issues in the changeover.

Code: Select all
Email+ Error                    Email+ SMTP Server: SMTP server connection error: [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or not known.

That error is a DNS lookup error -- it doesn't like the hostname provided. Make sure there's no extra whitespace around the name, then restart the plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:37 pm
stanleykrasnow offline

Thank you, Joe; restarting the plug-in has the Python program working. Fantastic.

Page 1 of 1