Alexa Has to be Revoked and Relinked every couple wks/mo

Posted on
Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:40 pm
JaceJenkins offline

Alexa Has to be Revoked and Relinked every couple wks/mo

Not sure why but I have to relink the Indigo Skill on the Alexa app every couple weeks / months, It starts with Alexa giving me a message that I need to relink the Indigo Skill. Which requires me to revoke access in my Indigo account profile before relinking, Any suggestions? It always seems to do this while I'm in bed or not in a good position to go through these steps.

I've had to do it this many times since Nov.

Active March 18, 2024, 9:34 p.m.
Alexa Revoked March 18, 2024, 9:33 p.m.
Alexa Revoked March 12, 2024, 6:01 a.m.
Alexa Revoked Feb. 4, 2024, 4:57 p.m.
Alexa Revoked Feb. 4, 2024, 2:39 p.m.
Alexa Revoked Jan. 24, 2024, 11:47 a.m.
Alexa Revoked Nov. 29, 2023, 9:03 p.m.
Alexa Revoked Nov. 27, 2023, 8:21 a.m.

Posted on
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:58 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Alexa Has to be Revoked and Relinked every couple wks/mo

What errors are you seeing that make you revoke the authentication? Copy/paste or post screenshots. Note that reflector issues will often be the root cause of Alexa issues, so make sure that you aren't seeing any reflector errors in your event log.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:57 am
JaceJenkins offline

I’ll grab a screen next time. I’ll post here once I have more info.

Posted on
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:56 pm
JaceJenkins offline

So, a little more data. We had a power blip today and I received the error message from the Alexa App.

I looked at my router logs and can see this message:

Primary internet is experiencing packet loss. Please restart the modem or contact the ISP if this persists.
Mar 17, 2024 8:17 PM

I also see a bunch of these errors in the Indigo Logs:
2024-04-01 19:13:39.838 Alexa Warning Your reflector isn't available - you won't be able to use Alexa until the reflector is operating correctly.

I don't know if this matters, but I have two internet connections, so if my primary internet connection has any issues, it flips over to a backup internet connection. The connection also fails back to the primary connection when its restored.

Unfortunately, I did not get a screen grab of the Alexa app error message, on my iPhone but this is the gist:
Indigo Smart Home Skill. There is something wrong or you are not authorized to use this skill. Please relink your Indigo Account.

If I click the error on my phone, the Alexa App it takes me to an Indigo login page. If I just try to re-authenticate, I get the attached error.

To proceed further, I must revoke access to Alexa inside the Indigo Portal and then I can re-authenticate.

Thanks for the help!
Attachments
Indigo Alexa Skill Error.jpg
Indigo Alexa Skill Error.jpg (86.6 KiB) Viewed 713 times

Posted on
Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:24 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I expect the issue is when your network switches the connection. This is likely to cause the reflector to fail. I don't think Alexa is the issue at all, but rather that the reflector connection (upon which the Alexa integration relies) gets into an unknown state when the network switches. The next time it happens, restart the Indigo Server and see if the reflector and Alexa come back up.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1