ALEXA built in plugin with 2 indigo servers

Posted on
Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:13 am
PME999 offline

Hello
I have 2 houses with the same INDIGO account (2 licences of course) and the same ALEXA account. I want to use ALEXA for both houses but when I link one server to ALEXA skill, I can only activate one.
Is there a solution for my problem ?
Thanks a lot
Patrice

Posted on
Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:37 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: ALEXA built in plugin with 2 indigo servers

Do you have separate Indigo Reflectors for each house?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:13 am
PME999 offline

Yes. Each server has his own reflector.

Posted on
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:22 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Ok, right. The Alexa skill can only link to a single Indigo Server - there is a 1:1 relationship between Indigo Servers and Alexa accounts.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:34 am
PME999 offline

Thanks Jay,
just to understand your first question, is it possible to have only a single reflector for 2 servers and to make ALEXA works with the 2 houses ?
Patrice

Posted on
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:40 am
PME999 offline

In fact, I'm not using the reflector links to connect to my servers. I connect directly by unique external IP address which is working perfectly well so I'm wondering if I can have only one reflector for both server and so be able to have the devices of both houses in the same Alexa.
Thanks
Patrice

Posted on
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:50 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

PME999 wrote:
Thanks Jay,
just to understand your first question, is it possible to have only a single reflector for 2 servers and to make ALEXA works with the 2 houses ?
Patrice

No, it's not.

PME999 wrote:
In fact, I'm not using the reflector links to connect to my servers. I connect directly by unique external IP address which is working perfectly well so I'm wondering if I can have only one reflector for both server and so be able to have the devices of both houses in the same Alexa.

My original post was because it was early morning on Saturday for me and I wasn't thinking clearly... :D

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:31 am
PME999 offline

So unfortunately no solution for me ?
Maybe use the Alexa hue bridge for my second house..
Thanks
Patrice

Posted on
Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:47 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi,
I would think that same Alexa account with different install locations isn’t how Alexa should be set up? (One account, one location = which should work fine with Indigo)

There are some location specific issues, which increase the distant apart obviously! If one in Siberia and another California - “Whats the weather today?” may give a pretty different answer? (although we are all heading to the same mean it would seem)

Likewise if have Groups (or Rooms is my usage) setup for Alexa (which work really well) - then can say to the Alexa in that group - “Turn off lights” and will turn off all in that group. And can repeat with different Alexa’s in different Rooms/groups.

That is going to be tricky to setup in the one account - possible - but naming would be issue.

Sure there are other aspects as well - but I would be suggesting that a new Alexa account is the way to go.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1