Indigo Skill not working anymore

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:12 am
MarcoGT offline

Indigo Skill not working anymore

Hi,

since today the Indigo skill in my Alexa account is not working anymore, both accounts are not linked.
When trying to link both accounts I get error saying I need a valid license (which I have) and also the auth shall be given.
In my Indigo account I can see under authorizations that Alexa is there.

What shall I do?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:15 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Skill not working anymore

Go to the Authorizations page in your Indigo Account and revoke any Alexa authorizations, then try linking again.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:49 pm
MarcoGT offline

It worked, thanks a lot.

But what happened? From my understanding the auth was still valid

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:17 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Amazon's servers have periodic issue with OAuth tokens, so sometimes you have to revoke them in our system to allow new ones to be issued. I think it's part of their overall caching strategy that has bugs.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:02 pm
2013automator offline

Hi Jay,
I have had to revoke the auth and re-connect Alexa 5 or 6 times in the last couple days. It eventually works, but hours later I have to do it again.
Is there anything we can do to debug it after the fact, or next time it happens?

Posted on
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:10 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Unfortunately, this an Amazon issue, so there's nothing really we can do about it. We don't see failures on our side or in the logs for our skill that Amazon hosts, so it never gets to any of our code.

We had one other user report this kind of repeated failure last year and we reported it, but it was never addressed or even acknowledged by Amazon. I never heard back on that report from the user, so my guess is that it resolved itself eventually.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon May 01, 2023 9:30 pm
2013automator offline

Thanks Jay,
If my Indigo server or an Indigo plugin is busy waiting for my ecobee or some other outside resource, could that cause the Alexa skill to become unlinked or unresponsive or something?

Posted on
Tue May 02, 2023 9:02 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Well, I suppose it's possible that if the Alexa plugin never gets a message from the Alexa skill (or fails to respond due to some hangup), enough of those failures might cause Amazon to delink the skill. We've had no other reports of this behavior, but I can't rule it out since we have no control of when Amazon invalidates/dellinks a skill.

If Indigo were so off in the weeds that it would stop the Alexa plugin from getting or responding to messages from the skill, then I'd expect there to be a TON of errors flooding your event log (all plugins, including some hidden/built in plugins, use the exact same communication with the server process, so they would all be failing and the server would be reporting all sorts of errors). If that's not happening, then it's extremely unlikely that is the issue.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:41 pm
MarcoGT offline

Had again the same problem, revoked the authorization, but now I am notable to link them, Alexa app keeps saying “not able to activate skill”

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:45 pm
cjp767 offline

I am having the same issue. The message inside the Alexa app says: "Unable to link Indigo Smart Home Skill with Alexa."

After revoking the Alexa service on the Authorizations page, the result was the same.

I thought that restarting indigo might help-- after restarting, I noticed this in the log and really don't know what it means:
"Error Unable to connect to IndigoDomo.com."

It's probably best to wait it out and try again in a little while. It's amazing how much we have relied on Alexa since it was integrated (thank you Matt and Jay).
Last edited by cjp767 on Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:13 pm
changeagent offline

I'm receiving the same message: "Unable to link Indigo Smart Home Skill with Alexa." I had also lost a link with the 'Smart Life' skill. It relinked without an issue.

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:48 pm
changeagent offline

Within the Alexa app on my iPhone, I clicked on the 'Enable Smart Home Skills' button which displayed a list of 'Popular Optimized for Smart Home Skills'. Smart Life, TP-Link Kasa, and a number of other skills appeared on the list. The Indigo skill was not on the list. If I performed a 'Search Alexa Skills' and typed in Indigo, 3 Indigo based options appear. They all lead to the Indigo Smart Skill. Alexa continues to report being unable to link with the skill. It further states that the 'link between accounts has expired.' Clicking on the 'Enable to Use' button brings up the 'Alexa Authorization' window. The reflector shown is correct. Clicking on the 'Authorize' button comes up with the unable to link screen. I had previously revoked authorization.

I'm able to link with a large number of other 'smart home' skills including Gosun, Smart Life, Felt Electric, and Tile, among others.

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:49 pm
MarkZ offline

I've tried revoking (successfully) however I can't re-enable the Indigo Smart Home Skill I'm asked to re-authorise however I'm told its Unable to link Indigo Smart Home Skill with Alexa. I've tried multiple times over a 30 minute period including rebooting Indigo server and home router.

Am I missing something here?

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:14 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We are experiencing a server problem. Actively working on it now and will post when it is fixed.

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:30 pm
MarkZ offline

Hi Matt,

Now working again in the UK - Account linked.

Thank You.