Missing published device published items

Posted on
Sun May 15, 2022 1:30 pm
BobRoss offline

Missing published device published items

Hi All

I went to change the name of a previously published Alexia item. I has worked for months. I now have NO published items and they are not listed to re-publish.

where did they go??

Thanks Bob Ross

Posted on
Sun May 15, 2022 3:23 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Missing published device published items

When you select the Plugins->Alexa->Show Device Publications menu item, what do you see in the Event Log window (copy/paste). It should look something like this:

Code: Select all
   Alexa                           Currently published devices (Alexa name first if different than Indigo name):
   Alexa                             'Office Siren' - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Siren
   Alexa                             'Outdoor Lights' ('outdoor-module') - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Plug-In
   Alexa                             'automatic door' - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Door Controller
   Alexa                             'blinds' ('038 - Lamp Module (AD130)') - Type: DimmerDevice - Subtype: Blind
   Alexa                             'garage door' ('Kasa Plug') - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Garage Controller
   Alexa                             'office fan' ('010 - Smart Fan Control (14287)') - Type: DimmerDevice - Subtype: Fan
   Alexa                             'office lamp' ('016 - Plug-In Appliance Module (ZL-PA-100)') - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Plug-In
   Alexa                             'office outlet' - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Outlet
   Alexa                             'simple switch' ('Simple Virtual On/Off') - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Switch
   Alexa                             'strobe' ('Fortrezz Strobe') - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Plug-In
   Alexa                             'test bulb' ('Hue Bulb') - Type: DimmerDevice - Subtype: Color Bulb
   Alexa                             'upstairs siren' ('Fortrezz Siren') - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Siren

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun May 15, 2022 5:42 pm
BobRoss offline

Well - this a problem - there are none!!

Not sure where they went, but.... None is Bad

Bob

Posted on
Sun May 15, 2022 5:46 pm
BobRoss offline

I also just noticed, my action groups are missing from the list to add them back

Bob

Posted on
Sun May 15, 2022 8:17 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Ah, that explains it. You were using the old Alexa-Hue Bridge plugin, not the built-on Alexa plugin.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon May 16, 2022 2:09 pm
BobRoss offline

Alexia/Hue bridge was deleted when I switched to the new Alexa plugin.

Should I delete everything and start from scratch?

Bob

Posted on
Mon May 16, 2022 2:25 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Our installer doesn't delete plugins, so I'm not sure why it's not present.

It's up to you, but the new Alexa plugin is an officially supported solution and we recommend switching. Read through the documentation for details: https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id ... gins:alexa

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue May 17, 2022 3:23 pm
BobRoss offline

Hi All

I have dug my self into a big hole. because the plug in was not working - I deleted it in the Library area. while I was at I downloaded and installed 2022-1 (that went well)

Where is the mac app to reload Alexa? It is no longer in the plugin list (I did delete it)

BTW I stopped using Hue Bridge a few weeks after you came out with the "real"interface. It ran well till a few weeks ago.

Bob

Posted on
Tue May 17, 2022 3:44 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

BobRoss wrote:
Where is the mac app to reload Alexa? It is no longer in the plugin list (I did delete it)

Not sure exactly what you mean. You can download the last version of the Alexa-Hue Bridge from the plugin store if that's your question.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue May 17, 2022 4:12 pm
BobRoss offline

I stopped using the HUE bridge a year ago.

I installed 2021.1 and starting using the new Alexa version.

All was well until a couple weeks ago when it stopped working. All my action groups were gone (missing).

So today I deleted the alexa plugin in the library area AND installed 2022.1 - all to try and start fresh. Of course now when I look in the plugin area it's not there.

I have a valid reflector and licence.

Sorry to be a pain
Bob

Posted on
Tue May 17, 2022 4:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

First, the Alexa plugin is built-in - you don't need to download it separately. If it's not on the Plugins menu, then there is something wrong with your Indigo install (like, say, you deleted it yourself for some reason) and you need to rerun the installer and it will replace the plugin.

Second, you don't configure action groups - if you did so in the past, it was with the Alexa-Hue Bridge as that was a configurable option.

Third, why would you delete the Alexa plugin? You should never delete a plugin that's bundled with Indigo.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue May 17, 2022 4:58 pm
BobRoss offline

Ahhhh

Got it - I did not know it was bundled

Questions answered

Page 1 of 1