Future Plans: Doorbells, Motion Sensors, Announcements, etc.

Posted on
Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:33 pm
whmoorejr offline

Future Plans: Doorbells, Motion Sensors, Announcements, etc.

Are there plans to add doorbells and / or motion sensor devices to the list of publishable device types?

Why? You can trigger a routine with a doorbell or a motion sensor and I'd rather not have to add another platform to the mix (node-red, 3rd party skill, etc.) Or in my case, I'd like to stop using node-red as it was just a stop gap until this plugin was released.

Any plans to include the "announcement" command?

With fingers crossed, I substituted "announcement" with "speak" in the SSML tag on my indigo variable... hoping that would work similar to how changing the command in the js script hack that is elsewhere on this forum works.... but nope, it just spoke my message on one sad and lowly echo dot.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:25 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Future Plans: Doorbells, Motion Sensors, Announcements,

whmoorejr wrote:
Are there plans to add doorbells and / or motion sensor devices to the list of publishable device types?

Eventually we would like to, but definitely not in the next release. We have our hands full for the moment.

whmoorejr wrote:
Any plans to include the "announcement" command?

If you're talking push announcements, as far as we know those are still restricted to skills in the Hospitality industry, though I admit to not looking into it since we released last year. It is on the list of things to monitor though.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1