Alexa Discovery Request

Posted on
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:00 am
CliveS offline

Alexa Discovery Request

About once a day I get the following in the log

Code: Select all
15 Aug 2021 at 12:42:32
   Alexa                           Alexa discovery request received, assembling reply...
   Alexa                           ...'Dining Room Light' - Type: DimmerDevice - Subtype: Dimmer
   Alexa                           ...'Bathroom Light' - Type: DimmerDevice - Subtype: Dimmer
   Alexa                           ...'Fan Slow' ('Fan Slow Virtual') - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Switch

Is this Alexa Discovery built into Indigo as I am not instigating it and it can start at 9 in the morning one day and 10 at night the next?

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:09 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Alexa Discovery Request

Discovery requests always come from Amazon, so it's the Alexa service which is requesting the discovery. Not sure why it would do that unsolicited though.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:20 pm
CliveS offline

Re: Alexa Discovery Request

Thanks Jay, does not surprising that Amazon are the cause, I will just ignore it now I know it is not something I have done.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Page 1 of 1