Custom Indigo Skill Availability

Posted on
Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:43 am
deadsquid offline

Custom Indigo Skill Availability

Quick question on the Custom Indigo Skill mentioned on the Alexa plugin page. I wasn't sure if this functionality was included in the Alexa skill, or if it was a separate skill. I'm assuming it's the latter, because the echos don't know what to do with "Indigo" requests. In the CA store the custom skill is not available, and I was wondering if it had the same l10n challenges as the original skill. Will it be generally available in other stores? Device publication is great, but really missing the action groups.

Posted on
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:16 am
mwoodage offline

Re: Custom Indigo Skill Availability

Hello,
The custom skill is working for me - I’ve managed to get Alexa to read back variables without doing any setup.
Just say:- Alexa, ask Indigo the value of “one_of_your_variables”
Make sure you ask the exact variable.

It should work straight out of the box.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:24 am
deadsquid offline

I just get "Sorry, I'm not sure" whenever I invoke any Indigo command listed in the plugin page. :(

Posted on
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:17 am
autolog offline

deadsquid wrote:
Quick question on the Custom Indigo Skill mentioned on the Alexa plugin page. I wasn't sure if this functionality was included in the Alexa skill, or if it was a separate skill. I'm assuming it's the latter, because the echos don't know what to do with "Indigo" requests. In the CA store the custom skill is not available, and I was wondering if it had the same l10n challenges as the original skill. Will it be generally available in other stores? Device publication is great, but really missing the action groups.

I am unclear as to whether you have installed the Indigo Smart Home Skill?

If you have try saying open Indigo or open indigo home , what happens? :)

Posted on
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:31 am
deadsquid offline

Yup, I have installed the smart skill. It's working (mostly) fine with published devices.

Any Indigo command outlined in the Custom Skill section just results in "Sorry, I don't know that one."

Posted on
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:32 am
deadsquid offline

And now I try it again and it's working.

:/

Posted on
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:48 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry for the confusion, we had an issue when publishing the skill. There is only one skill in the store - it contains both the smart home and custom skills. I thought it was clear in the docs but I'll review and update to make it more clear.

In CA and AU, we believe that they incorrectly published the skill with "indigo home" as the invocation (rather than just "indigo"). So, you say "Alexa, ask indigo home" or "Alexa, tell indigo home". We couldn't confirm that they got it wrong until someone in those regions tried it. If you are in Canada or Australia, please confirm that it is in fact "indigo home".

Unfortunately, the claim that invocation word(s) can't be changed once a skill is published. EVER. Regardless of whether it is live in the store or not (if we ask them to remove it for instance). When we confirm that it is in fact wrong, we will do everything in our power to get Amazon to allow us to change it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:39 pm
deadsquid offline

I live in CA and got the skill from the CA store, and can confirm it's "Indigo home". When I used it on the suggestion above it worked. Didn't even notice I added the home after reading it. Using it with "indigo" alone won't work. I wasn't sure if it was a second skill. I thought it was clear initially, but when it didn't work that's where I was less sure there wasn't a second one.

Feature request! Action groups as devices a la alexa-hue bridge, because oof that's clunky. :) (assuming that's not going to be possible, so will ask for aliases/nicknames for action groups instead, or as an on/off device - we use them for scene control of a bunch of lights in different rooms ;) )

Thanks for the help, folks, much appreciated.

Posted on
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:39 am
howartp offline

My memory is hazy but I feel there’s a plugin that creates a virtual device that calls an action group when turned on/off?

If not, it’s trivial to make one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:08 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

howartp wrote:
My memory is hazy but I feel there’s a plugin that creates a virtual device that calls an action group when turned on/off?

https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id ... ff_devices

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:35 am
MarcoGT offline

As far as I understood the Custom Skill is not available in Germany and Italy, am I right?

Posted on
Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:04 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

MarcoGT wrote:
As far as I understood the Custom Skill is not available in Germany and Italy, am I right?

See the Alexa Skill Availability update and/or the plugin docs.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1