Is there a way to get alexa to play a specific song at sunse

Posted on
Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:21 pm
jroach offline

Is there a way to get alexa to play a specific song at sunse

Trying to add background sounds to an Indigo "schedule".

Currently I have a series of activities (audio announcement, airfoil, hue sync, lights) that kickoff at a few minutes after sunset.
I wanted to add some ambient sounds (bird noises or maybe rainforest sounds) to the soundtrack that plays after the announcement, ie:

- Sunset triggers the start
- Exterior lights and landscape lights dim
- Hue sync starts
- Announcement plays (pre recorded file on Spotify)
- Hue sync controls lights
- Playlist starts (ie: Hawaiian Dreams playlist)

(all of the above work well with the exception of a little delay between hue sync and sound but livable)

At this point I would like the ambient noise/sounds to kickoff. Since airfoil doesn't support two audio streams I thought using Alexa to broadcast the ambient noise to a few bluetooth speakers would work but I can't figure out how to trigger Alexa to start the routine.

thoughts appreciated

Posted on
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:30 pm
whmoorejr offline

Re: Is there a way to get alexa to play a specific song at s

Not natively.

But this is a link to a workaround that I have been using for about a year now. Rock solid, I've been pushing out dozens of announcements over Alexa without problems (unless the internet is down)

Basically, its a fake doorbell (3rd party) that you can use the ghostXML plugin to "ring". Alexa can fire a routine when it detects a doorbell. I use it for announcements and sounds, I've used it for music, but stopped after the recent Amazon Prime Music change because now it tries to sell me crap before playing a specific song.

Here is a writeup I did on it. Hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?f=133&t=25902

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:46 am
jroach offline

Re: Is there a way to get alexa to play a specific song at s

Thanks for the tip! Going to give this a try.

Page 1 of 1