Alexa cannot communicate with Indigo after today's event

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:48 pm
sarahcat offline

Alexa cannot communicate with Indigo after today's event

I sent this to Support:

I read the forum announcement from 4:08 (or 5:08) pm Central Time, regarding the Reflector outage. At 7:30pm Central Time, my Alexa control capability yet does not work. I get the message from the Alexa voice command, with the usual response "*devicename*" is not responding. Please check its power supply and network connection."

Is there something I need to do to recover the possible connection to Reflector to re-enable my Alexa plug-in capability? I was not able to respond to the announcement.

I've tried stopping and restarting Indigo Server, performing a discover with Alexa, but there does not appear to be a connection from Alexa to Indigo. To the best of my knowledge, I did nothing on my end, other than try a voice command with Alexa. All other operations using Indigo client and Indigo Touch work properly, just no voice commands are getting from Alexa to Indigo. Is anyone else having problems or should I do something to re-initialize Reflector? To the best of my knowledge, I've had and continue to have an active account.

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:03 pm
sarahcat offline

Re: Alexa cannot communicate with Indigo after today's event

I've done all the non-destructive troubleshooting I know, but I'm reluctant to do more, since the correlation of this failure seems related to the announced known temporary Reflector outage. There seems to be no communication between Alexa and Indigo devices, even thought the built-in Alexa plugin shows the correct published devices. All was working last evening and earlier today, to the best of my knowledge, although I don't issue many device voice commands until after sunset. I have the Indigo server running on a stand alone Mac Mini and it's been flawless until this evening.

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:25 pm
sarahcat offline

Oh well.

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:27 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks for the report – there is definitely a problem that has cropped up after we switched to the new reflector server. We are looking into it now.

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:51 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We've reverted back to using the previous reflector server. There appears to be an intermittent networking issue somewhere between the Alexa cloud servers and our reflector server. Once we feel we have that resolved we'll switch back to the new reflector server.

The reverting process should be complete in about 10 minutes.

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:15 pm
sarahcat offline

Alexa control is working again. Sorry you needed to revert. Thanks for resolving the Alexa problem for now.

Posted on
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:37 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

There might be a bit of additional downtime today, but it should only be around 15 minutes.

Page 1 of 1