Published device not manageable in the Alexa plugin

Posted on
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:17 pm
Dtmr offline

Published device not manageable in the Alexa plugin

Hi,

I tried the new Alexa some month ago when you released it with Indigo 2021.1 but then run into problems (language etc), so I retured to the old Alexa-Hue Bridge.
With the release of the German langauge version, I tried to move to the new Alexa plugin again.

However, there is one device in the device list that is not manageable:
Alexa Finding devices to publish to Alexa...
Alexa ... '2. Etage - Schalter Flipper' published as 'Flipper'
Alexa ... 'Arbeitszimmer - Dimmer' published as 'Arbeitszimmer'
Alexa ... 'Balkon - Lampe Schalter' published as 'Balkonlampe'
Alexa ... 'Balkon - Markise - Energy' published as 'Markise'
Alexa ... 'Group Status - Rolläden' published as 'Rolladen'
Alexa ... 'Schlafzimmer - Ankleideraum - Lichtschalter' published as 'Ankleide'
Alexa A total of 6 devices are currently published to Alexa

Alexa Currently published devices (Alexa name first if different than Indigo name):
Alexa 'Ankleide' ('Schlafzimmer - Ankleideraum - Lichtschalter') - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Switch
Alexa 'Arbeitszimmer' ('Arbeitszimmer - Dimmer') - Type: DimmerDevice - Subtype: Dimmer
Alexa 'Balkonlampe' ('Balkon - Lampe Schalter') - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Switch
Alexa 'Flipper' ('2. Etage - Schalter Flipper') - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Switch
Alexa 'Rolladen' ('Group Status - Rolläden') - Type: RelayDevice - Subtype: Switch

This device (Fibaro FGR223) has been added when I tried to setup the new Alexa plugin in the first place and has been updated in Indigo 2021.1.1 if i remember correctly.

When running an Alexa discovery, I receive the following error:
Alexa Error Couldn't publish device id '1130857467' to Alexa due to the following error:
Alexa Error Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.1/Plugins/Alexa.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/alexa.py", line 753, in discover
endpoint = IndigoDeviceEndpoint(device)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.1/Plugins/Alexa.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/alexa.py", line 410, in __init__
raise InvalidDeviceType(u"'{}' isn't a valid device type to publish to Alexa".format(device.name))
InvalidDeviceType: 'Balkon - Markise - Energy' isn't a valid device type to publish to Alexa
Alexa Error Contact support with these details.

How do I remove this device from the Alexa plugin, so I can switch to a device group for this element?

Posted on
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:43 am
ryanbuckner offline

Re: Published device not manageable in the Alexa plugin

From your Indigo client , go to Plugins -> Alexa > Manage Alexa Device Publications

From there, pull down the dropdown and scroll to the bottom of the list. You'll see all your Already published devices. Pick your device and uncheck the checkbox for Alexa publication.

Press Save, and Close

Posted on
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:11 am
Dtmr offline

ryanbuckner wrote:
From your Indigo client , go to Plugins -> Alexa > Manage Alexa Device Publications
From there, pull down the dropdown and scroll to the bottom of the list. You'll see all your Already published devices. Pick your device and uncheck the checkbox for Alexa publication.
Press Save, and Close

Thanks for the hint but unfortunately the wrong entry doesn't show up in the list :(

Posted on
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:19 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Have you looked at your Alexa devices through the Amazon website?

Posted on
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:32 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not sure how it got wrapped around the axle like that - it looks like what happened is that you somehow published an energy monitor device to Alexa. That shouldn't be possible. In any event, is it stopping all your other device publications from working? If so then you'll need to stop your server, email us your DB file so we can fix it. Once we do that we will send it back and you'll need to stop your server, replace the DB file, then restart it with the fixed db.

I'll look at the plugin for the next release to see if I can figure out how to automatically solve this issue. If it's working otherwise, you can just wait for the next release.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:41 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

One other thing: please enable debugging in the Alexa plugin's menu, then rerun discovery. Copy everything from the Event Log window for the entire discovery process and reply and email it to us at support@indigodomo.com (with a reference to this forum topic). This will help isolate exactly where the issues are in the code.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:58 pm
Dtmr offline

jay (support) wrote:
I'm not sure how it got wrapped around the axle like that - it looks like what happened is that you somehow published an energy monitor device to Alexa. That shouldn't be possible. In any event, is it stopping all your other device publications from working? If so then you'll need to stop your server, email us your DB file so we can fix it. Once we do that we will send it back and you'll need to stop your server, replace the DB file, then restart it with the fixed db.

I'll look at the plugin for the next release to see if I can figure out how to automatically solve this issue. If it's working otherwise, you can just wait for the next release.

The primary element (or whatever it is called) in the FGR223 is the Energy Meter. I had some topics with that module before. Matt reviewed the encryption of the module (see viewtopic.php?p=198998#p198998) and he might have made some changes between Indigo 2021.1 and Indigo2021.1.1.

The plug-in in working otherwise, so no urgent action item. It would be great if you could find a workaround for the next plug-in version, so I will not run into more problems in the future.

jay (support) wrote:
One other thing: please enable debugging in the Alexa plugin's menu, then rerun discovery. Copy everything from the Event Log window for the entire discovery process and reply and email it to us at support@indigodomo.com (with a reference to this forum topic). This will help isolate exactly where the issues are in the code.

Will do. And thanks for supporting.

Page 1 of 1