Daikin One+

Posted on
Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:31 am
mpleeds offline

Daikin One+

Hi, I recently had 2 Daikin Fit Heat Pump systems installed in my home with 3 zones per system and 6 Daikin One+ WIFI thermostats (one for each zone). I downloaded the Daikin Wifi Controller plugin and attempted to create a device, but received the "Error validating fields" for Controller IP Address. Would it be fair to assume that this plugin is not compatible with the One+ thermostat? If so, any chance that it can be added?

Posted on
Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:05 am
neilk offline

Re: Daikin One+

Hi - I am afraid not, the plugin only supports the specific wifi controllers (and some associated models) and uses a reverse engineered set of API calls.

The good news is they do have a supported and documented API https://daikinone.com/openapi/documentation/ but unfortunately it is a completely new structure so adding support would be essentially a new different plugin. It looks pretty straightforward but without a device to build/test against it wouldn't be something I could do.

I will update the documentation to make it clear it does not support the One+

Neil

Posted on
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:29 am
mpleeds offline

Thanks for the reply Neil.

My primary objective is to control the Daikin One+ t-stats via voice commands as I did with my previous HVAC system Honeywell t-stats (through Nick's "Honeywell" plugin and Colorado4Wheeler's "Homekit Bridge"). Perhaps I can MacGyver a way to do the same by using the One+ Alexa API through Indigo/Homekit Bridge. Not holding my breath for someone to create a Daikin One+ plugin as they are not ubiquitous (and wickedly expensive) as of yet.

Posted on
Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:25 pm
neilk offline

The API is pretty straightforward so if anyone does have one it should be relatively straightforward to build. If it was close I would give it a go, but for this kind of device it would be too hard to do remotely.

I don’t think they are available in the UK anyway.

Neil

Page 1 of 1