Announcing Pre-Release Daikin Wifi Controller Plugin

Posted on
Sat May 29, 2021 6:52 am
neilk offline

Announcing Pre-Release Daikin Wifi Controller Plugin

Hi all,
I have this working with my newly installed unit. You can find the details https://github.com/neilkplugins/Daikin-Wifi-indigo-plugin it is pretty self explanatory as it largely adopts the standard thermostat device and actions. This is an alpha version and will have issues but they should be minor, please feed back. I need to refine some of the image state settings but otherwise it should be fully functional. I will also look to add support for power consumption and special operations. If you have one of the wifi controllers that requires https then the basis for support for this is in the plugin, but I cannot test it. Also I cannot switch my unit to Fahrenheit to test the switching but it should be fine, again let me know of any issues.

First release is https://github.com/neilkplugins/Daikin-Wifi-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/0.0.2-Alpha

Please do let me know how you get on.

Neil

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 4:14 am
neilk offline

Re: Announcing Pre-Release Daikin Wifi Controller Plugin

Second test release. This version makes the "timeout" for status requests to the wifi controller configurable and increases the default. It also corrects a bug that I didn't trap the error properly if a sensor info api request timed out causing a plugin restart.

The timeout configuration is in the plugin config from the plugin menu.

https://github.com/neilkplugins/Daikin-Wifi-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/0.0.3-Alpha

Thanks to Patrick for the feedback and help.

Neil

Posted on
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:08 am
neilk offline

The third test release is now available https://github.com/neilkplugins/Daikin-Wifi-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/0.0.4-beta. This is now close to be ready to release to the plugin store.

Documentation is now done and at https://github.com/neilkplugins/Daikin-Wifi-indigo-plugin/wiki

This release adds the following :-

- Configurable timeout for the api requests, the Wifi controller appears to intermittently time out through the day. This should address this and I will monitor
- Support for the energy usage reporting from the controller
- Various tweaks, typos corrections and code improvements

Note: As this updated the device to support energy reporting you may need to edit and save the device configuration for devices created with the earlier version. Custom sates will update automatically, but you will see the error about AccumEnergy key not existing until you do that for each device

Posted on
Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:41 am
neilk offline

The latest test release is https://github.com/neilkplugins/Daikin-Wifi-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/0.0.7-beta this is hopefully now very close and includes documentation. Patrick reported an issue with an earlier version applying changes which I believe this resolves, but I haven't seen confirmation yet as I could not replicate the error.

This version (and any minor subsequent updates) will now be tested prior to a potential release to the plugin store, but should now be reasonably considered complete.

Posted on
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:50 am
neilk offline

This should be the final pre-release version (with a following wind). No need to upgrade from 0.0.7 as no new functionality, just better commented code and simplified logging.

If you are new to this the for completeness try this version https://github.com/neilkplugins/Daikin-Wifi-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/0.1.1-beta

Will publish to the plugin store in due course.

Posted on
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:09 am
Bleasel offline

Thanks for this plugin Neil

I have the Australian version BRP15B61 wireless LAN adaptor.

At first the plugin was giving me validation IP address error (my unit has a fixed IP.)

Once I changed the IP address to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/skyfi the validation error ceased and I am able to turn the unit on and off (which is a great)

None of the custom states seem to be supported (all values =0 or are blank)

There is error shown on debugging: HTTP Error getting /aircon/get_day_power_ex from Daikin Unit DaikinAir

and Daikin Wifi Controller Error Failed to update consumption DaikinAir aborting state refresh

I am not a programmer, but suspect the get commands might be different for this controller.

Posted on
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:46 am
neilk offline

Thanks for the question. It looks like you may have figured out part of the problem, and got around my slightly crude approach to validating the IP (it doesn't check the IP, just if I get a response back but in this case it helps). I will take a look at what I can find about this particular model and may post some url's for you to try in a browser and to check the responses. I suspect some functionality may not be available (like energy reporting). The good news is I have some more units to be installed and I suspect it utilises the same controller so In the next few weeks I may have the same problem !

I will take a look over the weekend and come back to you.

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:20 pm
neilk offline

Bleasel wrote:
Once I changed the IP address to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/skyfi the validation error ceased and I am able to turn the unit on and off (which is a great)

Just a couple of questions, with debugging turned on, do you see a log entry like this

Code: Select all

Daikin Wifi Controller Debug    [[u'ret', u'OK'], [u'pow', u'0'], [u'mode', u'0'], [u'adv', u''], [u'stemp', u'19.0'], [u'shum', u'0'], [u'dt1', u'19.0'], [u'dt2', u'M'], [u'dt3', u'25.0'], [u'dt4', u'25.0'], [u'dt5', u'25.0'], [u'dt7', u'19.0'], [u'dh1', u'0'], [u'dh2', u'50'], [u'dh3', u'0'], [u'dh4', u'0'], [u'dh5', u'0'], [u'dh7', u'0'], [u'dhh', u'50'], [u'b_mode', u'0'], [u'b_stemp', u'19.0'], [u'b_shum', u'0'], [u'alert', u'255'], [u'f_rate', u'A'], [u'f_dir', u'3'], [u'b_f_rate', u'A'], [u'b_f_dir', u'3'], [u'dfr1', u'A'], [u'dfr2', u'5'], [u'dfr3', u'5'], [u'dfr4', u'5'], [u'dfr5', u'5'], [u'dfr6', u'5'], [u'dfr7', u'A'], [u'dfrh', u'5'], [u'dfd1', u'3'], [u'dfd2', u'0'], [u'dfd3', u'0'], [u'dfd4', u'0'], [u'dfd5', u'0'], [u'dfd6', u'0'], [u'dfd7', u'3'], [u'dfdh', u'0'], [u'dmnd_run', u'0'], [u'en_demand', u'0'], [u'ret', u'OK'], [u'htemp', u'20.0'], [u'hhum', u'-'], [u'otemp', u'20.0'], [u'err', u'0'], [u'cmpfreq', u'0'], [u'mompow', u'1']]
   Daikin Wifi Controller Debug    [[u'ret', u'OK'], [u'pow', u'0'], [u'mode', u'0'], [u'adv', u''], [u'stemp', u'19.0'], [u'shum', u'0'], [u'dt1', u'19.0'], [u'dt2', u'M'], [u'dt3', u'25.0'], [u'dt4', u'25.0'], [u'dt5', u'25.0'], [u'dt7', u'19.0'], [u'dh1', u'0'], [u'dh2', u'50'], [u'dh3', u'0'], [u'dh4', u'0'], [u'dh5', u'0'], [u'dh7', u'0'], [u'dhh', u'50'], [u'b_mode', u'0'], [u'b_stemp', u'19.0'], [u'b_shum', u'0'], [u'alert', u'255'], [u'f_rate', u'A'], [u'f_dir', u'3'], [u'b_f_rate', u'A'], [u'b_f_dir', u'3'], [u'dfr1', u'A'], [u'dfr2', u'5'], [u'dfr3', u'5'], [u'dfr4', u'5'], [u'dfr5', u'5'], [u'dfr6', u'5'], [u'dfr7', u'A'], [u'dfrh', u'5'], [u'dfd1', u'3'], [u'dfd2', u'0'], [u'dfd3', u'0'], [u'dfd4', u'0'], [u'dfd5', u'0'], [u'dfd6', u'0'], [u'dfd7', u'3'], [u'dfdh', u'0'], [u'dmnd_run', u'0'], [u'en_demand', u'0'], [u'ret', u'OK'], [u'htemp', u'20.0'], [u'hhum', u'-'], [u'otemp', u'20.0'], [u'err', u'0'], [u'cmpfreq', u'0'], [u'mompow', u'1'], [u'ret', u'OK'], [u'curr_day_heat', u'0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0'], [u'prev_1day_heat', u'0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0'], [u'curr_day_cool', u'0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/2/2/1/2/2/2/1/1/1/0/0/0/0/0'], [u'prev_1day_cool', u'0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/1/1/0/0/0/0/0/0/1/0/0/0/0'], [u'ret', u'OK'], [u's_dayw', u'5'], [u'week_heat', u'0/0/10/9/0/0/0/0/0/10/12/3/2/1'], [u'week_cool', u'14/3/0/0/1/2/3/6/4/2/3/0/0/0'], [u'ret', u'OK'], [u'curr_year_heat', u'0/0/0/0/67/70/19/0/0/0/0/0'], [u'prev_year_heat', u'0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0'], [u'curr_year_cool', u'0/0/0/0/7/147/33/0/0/0/0/0'], [u'prev_year_cool', u'0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0']]

And if you do, could you post the output. Also if you could try entering the following url's into a browser and let me know what you get.

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/skyfi/aircon/get_control_info
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/aircon/get_sensor_info
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/skyfi/aircon/get_day_power_ex

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:25 pm
Bleasel offline

Thanks Neil

My unit has 5 zones. 2 of which were on when the results below were taken. Turning on all 5 zones does not appear to give any more control info.

Debugging on

Daikin Wifi Controller Debug [[u'ret', u'OK'], [u'pow', u'0'], [u'mode', u'1'], [u'operate', u'1'], [u'bk_auto', u'1'], [u'stemp', u'20'], [u'dt1', u'20'], [u'dt2', u'21'], [u'f_rate', u'3'], [u'dfr1', u'3'], [u'dfr2', u'1'], [u'f_airside', u'0'], [u'airside1', u'0'], [u'airside2', u'0'], [u'f_auto', u'1'], [u'auto1', u'1'], [u'auto2', u'0'], [u'f_dir', u'0'], [u'dfd1', u'0'], [u'dfd2', u'0'], [u'filter_sign_info', u'0'], [u'cent', u'0'], [u'en_cent', u'0'], [u'remo', u'2'], [u'ret', u'OK'], [u'err', u'0'], [u'htemp', u'21'], [u'otemp', u'-']]
Daikin Wifi Controller HTTP Error getting /aircon/get_day_power_ex from Daikin Unit DaikinAir
Daikin Wifi Controller Debug Error is 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/skyfi/aircon/get_day_power_ex (The correct IP displays , but I have changed the IP to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
Daikin Wifi Controller Error Failed to update consumption DaikinAir aborting state refresh
Daikin Wifi Controller Debug Empty data aborting state updates

Results from Browser.

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/skyfi/aircon/get_control_info
ret=OK,pow=0,mode=1,operate=1,bk_auto=1,stemp=20,dt1=20,dt2=21,f_rate=3,dfr1=3,dfr2=1,f_airside=0,airside1=0,airside2=0,f_auto=1,auto1=1,auto2=0,f_dir=0,dfd1=0,dfd2=0,filter_sign_info=0,cent=0,en_cent=0,remo=2

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/aircon/get_sensor_info
ret=OK,err=0,htemp=21,otemp=-

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/skyfi/aircon/get_day_power_ex
ret=PARAM NG,msg=404 Not Found

After deleting lines 209 to 229 from Plugin.py
Started plugin "Daikin Wifi Controller 0.1.1"
Daikin Wifi Controller Error exception in deviceStartComm(DaikinAir): 'dt3'
Daikin Wifi Controller Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 409, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 195, in _refreshStatesFromHardware
KeyError: 'dt3'

Daikin Wifi Controller Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Last edited by Bleasel on Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Posted on
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:27 pm
Bleasel offline

Posted on
Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:21 am
neilk offline

Thanks - that is really useful. It looks like they don’t support energy consumption, so I will make that configurable and compare the two API’s and ideally have it determine the right calls to make or worst case give you a configuration option.

This weekend is a little busy but I will dig into it as soon as I can.

Neil

Posted on
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:50 pm
Bleasel offline

Hi Neil, Is there anything that I can do to configure the plugin to not seek power consumption readings

Thanks

Marcus

Enabling plugin "Daikin Wifi Controller 2022.0.1" using API v3.0
Starting plugin "Daikin Wifi Controller 2022.0.1" (pid 49127)
Started plugin "Daikin Wifi Controller 2022.0.1"
Daikin Wifi Controller HTTP Error getting /aircon/get_day_power_ex from Daikin Unit Level 3 AirCon
Daikin Wifi Controller Error Failed to update consumption Level 3 AirCon aborting state refresh
Daikin Wifi Controller HTTP Error getting /aircon/get_day_power_ex from Daikin Unit Level 3 AirCon
Daikin Wifi Controller Error Failed to update consumption Level 3 AirCon aborting state refresh

Posted on
Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:17 am
neilk offline

Marcus,
This looks like another variation in the API for different models but I can trap for this and will produce a new version for this and one other open issue(some models ignoring setpoint changes with decimals).
I am travelling but worst case will be next weekend. Can you say what model controller you have and I will add to the documentation.
Neil

Posted on
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:06 pm
Bleasel offline

Thanks Neil

I have the Australian version BRP15B61 wireless LAN adaptor.

There is a link to documentation in one of the messages above.

Regards

Marcus

Posted on
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:33 am
neilk offline

Thanks - I took a look at the code and I trapped the missing state data, but not the api call itself so it will be an easy fix and apologies it was sloppy on my part, and it won’t require a configurable option.

Unfortunately Daikin obviously gave the same code base to different teams to fork and each implementation is similar but different enough to break things like this and it is all reverse engineered API docs,

I will get a version out at the weekend latest.

Neil