Hubitat Plugin Beta

Posted on
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:11 pm
siclark offline

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

Downgraded to 2.2.6? and it installed straight away. Hopefully on track now!

Posted on
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:46 pm
siclark offline

A bit of a steep learning curve, and a few missteps along the way, but now have 3 Hue bulbs and a Aqara Opple 6 button switch working well.

Awesome bit of work Jon.

Posted on
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:50 pm
CliveS offline

siclark wrote:
Aqara Opple 6 button switch working well.
All 30 buttons :)

siclark wrote:
Awesome bit of work Jon.
Yes, I fully agree with that statement!

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:58 pm
siclark offline

Except, setting colour temps in an action group doesn't seem to work. Might be issued my side and things still better than they were. Still investigating

Posted on
Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:32 pm
siclark offline

No worries... I can set using MQQT connector and just publish the MQTT message to set the colour temp in an action group.

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:57 am
autolog offline

Hi Simon,

Good morning and thanks for the updates; pleased the plugin is working for you. :)

You have Clive to thank for the Aqara Opple 6 button switch working straight away, as he provided me with the info to get yesterday's update done. :wink:

siclark wrote:
Except, setting colour temps in an action group doesn't seem to work. Might be issued my side and things still better than they were. Still investigating

Are the colour controls working OK from the Indigo UI?

What are the Action Group commands you are issuing that aren't working.
I am quite happy to investigate my end, once I understand exactly what the issue is.

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:35 am
siclark offline

Morning Jon,

Cheers Clive, I must have just caught that new update.

So if I have a bulb set as colour and temperature and change temperature in indigo, the plugin sends only the colour change to mqqt, ie no colour temp info, and as the colour hasnt changed, nothing changes. If I have the bulb set as temperature only, then no message is sent.

Sending the raw mqqt message from indigo with the new colour temp in it does change the bulb.

Hopefully a quick fix.

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:52 am
autolog offline

Are you changing the colour / temperature via the Indigo UI or using the Action Group > Device Actions > Light/Appliance Controls > Set RGBW Levels?

I am testing with an INNR LED strip (my only Zigbee colour device) and it appears to work OK AFAICS.

The plugin currently treats colour and white levels separately i.e. it can either be RGB or W but not both at the same time. This is similar to how my LIFX plugin works. I am not sure what the setup is for a Philips Hue Bulb?

I am just trying to focus down on where the exact issue is so that I can fix it for you. :)

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:02 am
siclark offline

I was trying both, using the Indigo GUI and using set RGBW and neither seemed to work, testing with a Philips white temp only bulb.

I have a Philips RGBW bulb too, so can have a test on that.

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:08 am
autolog offline

To get the white level you have to set the RGB components to zero.
What are the exact levels you are setting?

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:12 am
autolog offline

Can you turn on MQTT logging for that bulb and post the messages going back and forth?

That is set in the plugin config under Hubitat MQTT Filtering - just select the one device. :)

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:46 am
autolog offline

I have fixed a white level bug that caused an error.

New pre-release here: White Level Correction

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:43 am
siclark offline

Cheers.. some more testing to be done, but on first look yes its working now with the indigo gui.

I know we all generally love Indigo but trying to use Hubitat has made me realise how amazing it is even more. The plugin store is miles ahead of Hubitat for simplicity, and even for discovery where their apps are scattered all over the internet,. And this forum is so much easier to use than the one on Hubitat.

Much kudos to Matt, Jay and all the developers.

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:50 am
autolog offline

Hi Simon,
siclark wrote:
Cheers.. some more testing to be done, but on first look yes its working now with the indigo gui.

Thanks for the update. :)

There should have been an error in the Indigo Event Log when you tried to set the White Level in the previous version?

I know we all generally love Indigo but trying to use Hubitat has made me realise how amazing it is even more. The plugin store is miles ahead of Hubitat for simplicity, and even for discovery where their apps are scattered all over the internet,. And this forum is so much easier to use than the one on Hubitat. Much kudos to Matt, Jay and all the developers.

I agree 100% :D

I think the Hubitat Elevation Hub is a useful adjunct to Indigo in that it enables some features not currently available in Indigo. However, there is no way that I would want to use Hubitat as my main Home Automation system - IMHO it would be far too labour intensive and require too much tinkering and maintenance when compared to Indigo. :)

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:28 am
CliveS offline

As I said a few months ago
Is the Hubitat better than Indigo, no it is not, it never will be, and when you consider a lot of Hubitat
users moved to it from Vera, Smarthings, Home Assistant, Homie ect then they really should try Indigo.

I will not be moving over to Hubitat but it is great to extend the Zigbee devices (and Z-wave using the new
700 series chip) into Indigo, I just need to sort mine out, I know it works, Jon has proved that.

Well I still stand by that now, as far as I am concerned with Jon's plugin it is a Zigbee module add-on but as for programming in it, no idea, not required here.

I have been adding different switches and sensors from AliExpress, 99% will work (I did find a Neo Coolcam Zigbee motion sensor that no one can get to work in any HA system, wish I had got the Z-Wave 700 version as that has got a Hubitat driver).
As long as you steer clear of Aqara devices then you have sensors that use button batteries instead of CR123 or CR2 and last 2 years compared to 6 months and cost half the price of both the sensors and the batteries.
And I fully agree about the ease of this forum compared to others.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer