Hubitat Plugin Beta

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:20 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

siclark wrote:
Much kudos to Matt, Jay and all the developers.

Thanks - Indigo is definitely a community-driven product. Without our great 3rd party developers and extremely helpful and active forum community we wouldn't exist.

As for the forums - we're using what some would refer to as old technology. Many companies have moved to newer knowledge-base type interfaces, even for their user community. I personally don't think it works very well, but I'm also old and set in my ways. I'm sure that younger users probably find it somewhat archaic. But I'm OK with that - until it becomes unusable by the community, we have no plans on changing it. We may look at newer releases and see if they offer any newer features that would make it more useful.

And our websites in general need a facelift. Any volunteers? It's actually a lot of work that spreads across multiple technologies (django, phpbb, dokuwiki), which is why we've only really done it twice in our history. But if someone wants to tackle it...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:52 am
siclark offline

I know that knew forum technology you mean. Hate it. Just have posts work hundreds of entries and no way to follow if you give looking for answers 6 months later. Our many topics in folders works so much better for discovery.

Posted on
Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:37 am
autolog offline

Hi Simon,
siclark wrote:
... some more testing to be done, but on first look yes its working now with the indigo gui. ...

Did my pre-release update fix this issue for you or do I still have more work to do? :)

Posted on
Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:09 am
siclark offline

Sorry, am away this weekend. Will check when back. Think looked good though

Posted on
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:34 am
siclark offline

Hi Jon, so found time whilst on dull conference calls to test. The gui seems to work ok when setting colour temp, but the action doesnt appear to, so using triggers to either directly set colour or call an action group doing so, doesnt seem to work. Looks like it changes it to white but that is it, the colour temp doesnt get sent or applied.

Posted on
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:05 am
autolog offline

What settings are you using in the Action Group - can you do a screen capture for me?

Also, I need to see the debug MQTT log for when the command is executed.
That is set in the plugin config under Hubitat MQTT Filtering - just select the one device. :)

Posted on
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:33 pm
siclark offline

Hi Jon, Is this the detail?

Looks like its sending the white colour as defined by the RGB values in teh screenshot, and not the colour temp. Indigo wont let me leave the RGB values blank.

Code: Select all
  Action Group                    Hall Lamp Cool
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            >>> Published to 'home-hubitat': Topic='homie/home-hubitat/hall/color/rgb/set', Payload='#FFFFFF'
   Hubitat Bridge                  sent "Hall Lamp" RGB Levels: Red 100%, Green 100%, Blue 100%
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            Received from 'home-hubitat': Topic='[u'homie', u'home-hubitat', u'hall', u'color', u'rgb', u'set']', Payload='#FFFFFF'
   Action Group                    Hall Lamp Warm
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            >>> Published to 'home-hubitat': Topic='homie/home-hubitat/hall/color/rgb/set', Payload='#FFFFFF'
   Hubitat Bridge                  sent "Hall Lamp" RGB Levels: Red 100%, Green 100%, Blue 100%
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            Received from 'home-hubitat': Topic='[u'homie', u'home-hubitat', u'hall', u'color', u'rgb', u'set']', Payload='#FFFFFF'

Aaaaahhhhhh.... I need to set the RGB levels to zero!

Code: Select all
   Action Group                    Hall Lamp Warm
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            >>> Published to 'home-hubitat': Topic='homie/home-hubitat/hall/color-temperature/set', Payload='2500'
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            >>> Published to 'home-hubitat': Topic='homie/home-hubitat/hall/dim/set', Payload='100'
   Hubitat Bridge                  sent "Hall Lamp" set White Level to "100" and White Temperature to "~2500K Ultra Warm"
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            Received from 'home-hubitat': Topic='[u'homie', u'home-hubitat', u'hall', u'color-temperature', u'set']', Payload='2500'
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            Received from 'home-hubitat': Topic='[u'homie', u'home-hubitat', u'hall', u'dim', u'set']', Payload='100'
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            Received from 'home-hubitat': Topic='[u'homie', u'home-hubitat', u'hall', u'-device-driver']', Payload='Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb'
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            Received from 'home-hubitat': Topic='[u'homie', u'home-hubitat', u'hall', u'-device-driver']', Payload='Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb'
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            Received from 'home-hubitat': Topic='[u'homie', u'home-hubitat', u'hall', u'color-name']', Payload='Incandescent'
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            Received from 'home-hubitat': Topic='[u'homie', u'home-hubitat', u'hall', u'color-temperature', u'mireds']', Payload='400'
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            Received from 'home-hubitat': Topic='[u'homie', u'home-hubitat', u'hall', u'color-temperature', u'temp']', Payload='400'
   Hubitat Bridge Debug            Received from 'home-hubitat': Topic='[u'homie', u'home-hubitat', u'hall', u'color-temperature']', Payload='2500'
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 19.30.12.png
Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 19.30.12.png (116.06 KiB) Viewed 2485 times

Posted on
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:03 pm
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
... Aaaaahhhhhh.... I need to set the RGB levels to zero!

Can I assume that it is now working OK for you (looking at the second set of logs)?

Indigo currently only has one dialogue for setting the RGBW levels.
Ideally Indigo would have options for only RGB or only W as well. It is obviously currently catering for those situations where a device can have all the RGBW settings set at the same time?

The only way the plugin can tell whether you want to alter RGB or W (as you have discovered) is by having the RGB values at zero in order for the plugin to understand you want to alter the W and color temperature. It goes through a small bit of logic to work out what you want alter.

Posted on
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:24 pm
siclark offline

Hmm. So it works if I set white level to 100 and then temp to what I want. But if my bulbs have been set to a lower brightness then this brightens them. If I set it to zero then the bulbs turn off. Maybe I just need to use the mqtt commands. That's very specific.

Posted on
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:38 pm
autolog offline

I can see that is problematic because from that dialogue there is no way to use just the Colour Temperature and to take the W level from the current bulb setting. :?

In the short term, I think the answer is for the plugin to have a set of plugin specific actions to handle this case.

I can do that which would avoid you having to have alternate MQTT processing and keep your lamp management all in one place.

It might take a few days to implement though. :wink:

Posted on
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:46 pm
siclark offline

That would certainly be easier but I've only got a handful of bulbs so don't jump in unless you are keen. Mqtt messages work for now.

Posted on
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:01 am
autolog offline

I have uploaded a new pre-release version to Github: New Set White Level / Temperature Action :)

I have added a new action Set White Level / Temperature to enable independent control of a device's White Level and White Temperature.
The update also includes miscellaneous bug fixes.

You can find it by going to:
Device Actions > Hubitat Bridge Controls > Set White Level / Temperature

Edit the Action settings which will display a simple dialogue to enable you to select one or more of White Level and White Temperature to update. Enter the appropriate value(s) in the revealed field when an option is ticked.

This Action is just in addition to the standard Set RGBW Levels action, giving you finer control of White. :)

UPDATE: Release link above updated to 0.5.7 as I inadvertently introduced a bug in 0.5.6 that rendered Tasmota plugs inoperable via the plugin :(

Posted on
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:30 pm
siclark offline

Cheers... this does the job nicely :-)

Now wondering if there is a way to move my Spirit TRVs to the hubitat and stop all the zwave messages interfering with my lights control on indigo! If only I could use 2 different zwave sticks on Indigo!

Posted on
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:55 pm
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
Cheers... this does the job nicely :-)

Thanks for the confirmation - I'll promote it to the Indigo Plugin Store tomorrow at some point. :)

siclark wrote:
Now wondering if there is a way to move my Spirit TRVs to the hubitat and stop all the zwave messages interfering with my lights control on indigo! If only I could use 2 different zwave sticks on Indigo!

Yes, I have had the same idea about connecting all the Spirits to Hubitat so that they don't affect Indigo so much.
I have a number of test Spirits and I have set one up in Hubitat to test it.
When I first looked at it a number of months ago, I couldn't get the level of control I was looking for.

The plugin does cater for a device type of Thermostat and also the Valve.

Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 20.52.33.png
Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 20.52.33.png (1.67 MiB) Viewed 2360 times

I will have to revisit it.

However, I have also got two Z-Stick 7s (Series 700). I have one running on my development system and need to byte the bullet and install the other one on my production system (replacing my Z-Stick 5). I am hoping that this might make a difference to the control of the Spirits. we'll see.

Posted on
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:17 pm
siclark offline

Ha yes I had seen the hubitat had the thermostat and valve devices that's what made me think about it.

Interesting I might need to look at upgrading my zwave stick too.

Page 4 of 12 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12