Hubitat Plugin Beta

Posted on
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:24 am
cesarvog offline

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

Not yet. I'm going with the Homie thing until tomorrow. If that fails, I'm installing HomeAssistant next Monday in order to integrate it to the HE App and Driver, so I can see from MQTT Explorer what is published from HomeAssistant MQTT and then captured by the xAPPO/MQTT App.

Posted on
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:44 am
CliveS offline

Well it is all 'over my head' but just amazed at what homie adds to MQTT when I looked at https://homieiot.github.io

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:34 am
cesarvog offline

Tell me about it! I will have to order some new expresso capsules in short order. My head is spinning with all the trial and error I'm going over trying to publish the correct Homie schema so the stubborn xAPPO/MQTT app can find the needed info...

The screen capture below shows the contents of my single device attempts. It's a z-wave Honeywell z3005 dimmer, which I named "DimmerEscritorio" for my tests.
I tried to mimic info from post 2 and a few below by another user trying to achieve the same thing, which was answered by the xAPPO/MQTT author saying the schema looked good... But it still doesn't work on my case.

PS: Before anyone ask, I have no idea what to put in $implementation, so I just tried something similar to what the author of post 2 did in his case.... (I'm mostly in trial and error mode now, remember?)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 11.36.51.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 11.36.51.png (63.58 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
Last edited by cesarvog on Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:41 am
autolog offline

I am also trying but not yet succeeding:
Code: Select all
homie
    indigo_devices
        Shomie = 3.0.1
        $name = Indigo
        $nodes = indigo-device-12345678
        $state = ready
        indigo-device-12345678
            $datatype = boolean
            $name = Indigo Device 12345678
            $properties = onoff
            $settable = true
            onoff = false
                set = false
This isn't being discovered. Trial and error investigation continues. :)

Posted on
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:43 am
autolog offline

Are you clicking the HE Discovery button in the MQTT App?

Posted on
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:21 am
autolog offline

I am afraid that I am going to give up on discovery as I can't get it to easily work.

I might pursue the virtual device approach which I think will be easier to manage from my plugin's point of view but I have more urgent Indigo tasks to pursue at the moment.

Personally, I am not a fan of Hubitat's dashboard / alternatives, but each to their own. :wink:

For the most part, I just use my Hubitat C7 to be able to define Zigbee devices and special Z-Wave devices (e.g. Ring Alarm keypad) and expose these to Indigo for Indigo to control and display. :D

Posted on
Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:19 am
cesarvog offline

autolog wrote:
Are you clicking the HE Discovery button in the MQTT App?

Yes, from there I click on Discovery Protocols and then on Homie, which brings up the screen I attached a few posts above.

autolog wrote:
I am afraid that I am going to give up on discovery as I can't get it to easily work.

I might pursue the virtual device approach which I think will be easier to manage from my plugin's point of view but I have more urgent Indigo tasks to pursue at the moment.

Personally, I am not a fan of Hubitat's dashboard / alternatives, but each to their own. :wink:

For the most part, I just use my Hubitat C7 to be able to define Zigbee devices and special Z-Wave devices (e.g. Ring Alarm keypad) and expose these to Indigo for Indigo to control and display. :D

No problem. I will keep on trying, but I believe I won't be succeed by simple trial and error. My next step is to send a message to the author of xATTO/MQTT App and Driver.

Posted on
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:36 am
cesarvog offline

Good Morning and Good News!!!

Trial and error proved helpful.

I have now found out why the Indigo MQTT published device was not being matched by the xAPPO/MQTT App Discovery Into HE. It's most likely a bug I intend to report to Kevin (the author) after I clear out the last issue I'm facing.

The xAPPO/MQTT App and driver now **automatically** create a virtual device in Hubitat Elevation, so I'm sure I can put to rest my previous doubts wether it would even be capable of doing what I intend it to do. The following screen grabs show my current status.

But not everything is roses yet: Even though the xAPPO/MQTT App and Driver now catch the Indigo MQTT published device, it still cannot control it, that is, I cannot turn the discovered dimmer on/off, nor set it's brightnessLevel from the HE side be reflected on Indigo. The other way around it works as expected, meaning that I can turn on/off, set the brightnessLevel from Indigo and it correctly shows on the Virtual Device properties pages as well as on HE Dashboard.
It's probably something I need to change in the topic structure, but I don't intend to loose my Sunday on it, as Yesterday was a real marathon trying to make this thing work.

Now that I'm on the right track, I'm going to spend most of the day enjoying my swimming pool as it's Summer here and the sky is clear.

Screen grab from Hubitat Elevation MQTT App:
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 09.29.25.png
Device discovered !!!!
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 09.29.25.png (109.59 KiB) Viewed 1835 times

Screen grab from MQTT Explorer, depicting the topic structure as published by Joe's Indigo MQTT plugin:
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 09.39.08.png
Topic Structure as published by Indigo MQTT Triggers using Joe's plugin
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 09.39.08.png (74.54 KiB) Viewed 1832 times

Screen grab from HE devices, showing the virtual device auto-created by xAPPO/MQTT App and Driver below the iPhone device previously existing in HE:
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 10.01.16.png
Virtual Device in HE
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 10.01.16.png (61.69 KiB) Viewed 1826 times

Screen grab from HE devices, showing the virtual device auto-created by xAPPO/MQTT App and Driver (1 of 3):
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 10.01.59.png
Virtual Device auto-created by the xAPPO/MQTT App and driver (1 of 3)
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 10.01.59.png (90.76 KiB) Viewed 1825 times

Screen grab from HE devices, showing the virtual device auto-created by xAPPO/MQTT App and Driver (2 of 3):
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 10.02.13.png
device auto-created (2 of 3)
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 10.02.13.png (93.77 KiB) Viewed 1825 times

Screen grab from HE devices, showing the virtual device auto-created by xAPPO/MQTT App and Driver (3 of 3):
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 10.02.22.png
device auto-created (3 of 3)
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 10.02.22.png (116.74 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
Last edited by cesarvog on Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:13 am, edited 5 times in total.

Posted on
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:46 am
CliveS offline

That looks very promising, perseverance has paid off!!!

I know Kevin is vey responsive to feedback as I understand he modified parts of the App when Jon was writing the plugin.

Congrats so far, well done.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:27 am
cesarvog offline

Thanks Clive,

Love you quote, by the way. Had to put some glasses on before I could read it, but at 59yrs old, it's part of the game.

Posted on
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:38 am
CliveS offline

cesarvog wrote:
Thanks Clive,

Love you quote, by the way. Had to put some glasses on before I could read it, but at 59yrs old, it's part of the game.

Well at 66 I can't even see it anymore :( but I do now qualify for our "old age pension".

Can you put the Indigo setting you used to get that so I can play with the Sharptools dashboard using Indigo devices (not sure about Sharptools at present but a few other dashboards to consider)

CliveS

Posted on
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:47 am
cesarvog offline

Hi @CliveS,

You mean, the triggers I used in Indigo to create the Homie topic schema for the dimmer?
It's a LOT of triggers... I have now sent a message to Joe (the author of MQTT Connector and Shims plugins on Indigo side), so he can tell me if there are easier/more efficient ways of doing it, as I can't shake the feeling that I'm doing it wrong, because a single device structure needed 30+ triggers and that can't be right...

As soon as Joe answers my other post in his section of this forum, I will update here with extra information.
Stay tuned.
Cesar

Posted on
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:30 am
autolog offline

Yes indeed, well done Cesar! :D

I have copied your MQTT Explorer definitions but I must be doing something wrong as my device still isn't discovered.

Here are my definitions:
MQTT_Explorer_Definitions.png
MQTT Explorer Definitions
MQTT_Explorer_Definitions.png (66.34 KiB) Viewed 1817 times

This is the result of doing Run homie discovery now:
HE_MQTT_CHILD_Events.png
Hubitat MQTT Child Device Events
HE_MQTT_CHILD_Events.png (277.83 KiB) Viewed 1817 times

I notice in your MQTT Explorer definitions that you set for the dim a value = false as opposed to an integer. Could that be causing your set problem?

Once I have got the correct format to work then I should be able to fairly easily modify my plugin to publish Indigo devices to be discovered by this process. :)

Posted on
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:44 am
cesarvog offline

If you set anything on the following EVERYTHING (all capabilities....) button, please unset it and set individually in each particular device type buttons below it.
My integration only started working AFTER, on a hunch, I decided to remove everything from it. I think it's a bug that somehow reflects on the other side of the integration, as my understanding is that this section would only refer to SENDING HE devices, but there must be some shared code, I believe.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 12.41.43.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 12.41.43.png (43.1 KiB) Viewed 1816 times
Last edited by cesarvog on Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:45 am
autolog offline

Hi Ceasr,
At your convenience and after your swimming :lol: , could you post an image of your MQTT Child filtered Event log for when you do a discovery, just so I can see if it is similar or I have missed something. Thanks. :)

If I can get this to work, then I think that in my plugin, it would be a small matter to define a new Hubitat device type and set up a the edit device configuration to select theIndigo devices to be published to Hubitat so that they can be discovered and then updated when states change. That would avoid having to setup loads of triggers. :)

Page 7 of 12 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12