Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:07 pm
siclark offline

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

It appears there is an mqtt plug-in that might

Posted on
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:43 pm
autolog offline

That could be interesting thing to investiaget once I have got this latest change working. :)

Posted on
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:13 pm
CliveS offline

siclark wrote:
I was wondering if have indigo devices published on mqtt on homie format easily means we could pull those into homebridge as an alternative to the homekitbridge that is no longer updated in indigo?

I have HomeKit working from Indigo, Alexa, Siri and Hubitat, is that what you were after?

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:41 pm
siclark offline

autolog wrote:
That could be interesting thing to investiaget once I have got this latest change working. :)
Indeed. . Jumps indigo up to most recent homebridge now HKB is no longer supported.

Posted on
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:50 pm
siclark offline

CliveS wrote:
siclark wrote:
I was wondering if have indigo devices published on mqtt on homie format easily means we could pull those into homebridge as an alternative to the homekitbridge that is no longer updated in indigo?

I have HomeKit working from Indigo, Alexa, Siri and Hubitat, is that what you were after?
No. We appreciate indigo can send devices to homekit today but that plug-in is no longer supported and isn’t updated to latest homebridge version.

Posted on
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:00 pm
CliveS offline

I am not using homebridgekit, found it too unstable.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:21 am
mclass offline

Some assistance for a newbie to Hubitat Bridge plugin, please.

I have successfully got Hubitat communicating with my MQTT broker (running Mosquito on dedicated raspberry pi) that I am also using successfully with the MQTT Shims plugin.

My issue is getting the bridge to remain connected to the broker in Indigo . Despite searching on this forum and the internet generally for a solution I am getting continuous logs in Indigo of:

Code: Select all
 Hubitat Bridge                  'Qualia Hubitat Bridge' reconnected to MQTT Broker.
   Hubitat Bridge Warning          'Qualia Hubitat Bridge' encountered an unexpected disconnection from MQTT Broker [Code 5]. Retrying connection ...

My suspicion is that my issue lies with the plugin configuration, and particularly the MQTT Client Prefix entry. I have tried all sorts of combinations without success! The relevant section of the data from MQTT Explorer is shown in the attached screenshot. Would someone clarify exactly what the prefix I should be using?

Some examples from working installs might help!

If this is not the issue, can someone suggest where I should be looking!!??

Thanks in advance

mclass
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.13.59 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.13.59 pm.png (30.56 KiB) Viewed 2848 times

Posted on
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:37 am
autolog offline

mclass wrote:
Some assistance for a newbie to Hubitat Bridge plugin, please. ...

If this is not the issue, can someone suggest where I should be looking!!??

Is your MQTT Broker password protected? The plugin doesn't currently support that.

If you can confirm or otherwise I will take a look at that. :)

Posted on
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:12 pm
mclass offline

Got it one, thanks!! Now to sort out that prefix setting….

Screen shots/advice anyone??!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:32 pm
autolog offline

mclass wrote:
Now to sort out that prefix setting….

It can be anything e.g. mac_mini or imac_one etc.

It's just a prefix for a unique id the plugin generates to use when connecting to the MQTT Broker. :)

Posted on
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:24 pm
autolog offline

Progress report:
Currently in closed alpha testing is version 1.0.x of the Hubitat Bridge which enables you to publish devices to MQTT (using the homie protocol) which can be discovered in Hubitat using the soon to be released update to the MQTT App beta which is authored by Kevin (On the Hubitat forums).

This now means that Indigo devices can be controlled by Hubitat. Any changes made to an Indigo device in Hubitat are reflected back to Indigo and the Indigo device updated accordingly. Likewise any change within indigo to a published device is reflected back to Hubitat.

At the moment it is working for simple relays (on|off) and dimmers (on|off and brightness).

Next device steps are to expand the discovery list to coloured lights and sensors.

Big hat tip to Cesar (@cesarvog) for suggesting the idea and now helping with the alpha testing. :D

Posted on
Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:56 pm
cesarvog offline

It has been my pleasure to work with Jon (@autolog) in order to test this update.

It's amazing what users in different hemispheres of the globe can achieve pursuing a common objective. My most sincere thanks to Jon for his coding skills and helpfulness.

Cesar

Posted on
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:15 am
MarcoGT offline

I picked one Hubitat for me (the first one I bought was for my father).
Does the plugin support multiple hubs? I think yes...but... :D

Posted on
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:45 am
autolog offline

MarcoGT wrote:
I picked one Hubitat for me (the first one I bought was for my father).
Does the plugin support multiple hubs? I think yes...but... :D

Yes, it does :)

Posted on
Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:23 am
MarcoGT offline

Isn't there a device definition for a roller shutter controller?

Thanks
Marco