Hubitat Plugin Beta

Posted on
Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:48 am
autolog offline

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

siclark wrote:
Is this to get indigo devices showing in HE to use their dashboards?

Amongst other things, yes. :)

Posted on
Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:56 am
CliveS offline

siclark wrote:
Is this to get indigo devices showing in HE to use their dashboards?

Mainly yes, but also a dress rehearsal for when the CORE hub (hopefully) is released.

It definitely is not to use the HE 'rules machine' engine! instead of Indigo automations

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:00 am
siclark offline

I was wondering if have indigo devices published on mqtt on homie format easily means we could pull those into homebridge as an alternative to the homekitbridge that is no longer updated in indigo?

Posted on
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:58 pm
MarcoGT offline

What is CORE hub?

I plan to buy >40 Hue bulbs; I read on the Hubitat forums that it would be better to pair them with the original Hue Hub instead of Hubitat, mainly due to mesh network stability better on the Hue Hub than Hubitat.

Anyone can confirm this?

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:28 pm
CliveS offline

MarcoGT wrote:
What is CORE hub?

I plan to buy >40 Hue bulbs; I read on the Hubitat forums that it would be better to pair them with the original Hue Hub instead of Hubitat, mainly due to mesh network stability better on the Hue Hub than Hubitat.

Anyone can confirm this?

Thanks

CORE is at present still in beta but is like Hubitat but should be more powerful. It went on Indiegogo but did not hit its target so it is a 'wait and see'

You can take a look at what they plan https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX8wsjhwEPwFdmgLL_BcXQ

As for Hue, I have about ten lights all running on Indigo using the Hue Hub via Nathan's plugin, solid, reliable so no need to have them on Hubitat.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:31 pm
MarcoGT offline

Yes, I also have the bulbs in Indigo via Hue plugin.
But I need a second hub because I will pass the limit of 50 Hue devices :)

Posted on
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:35 pm
siclark offline

I switched all my bulbs from Hue hub so I could sell that and build a bigger zigbee network with HE to allow sensors to work across the house.

Posted on
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:38 pm
CliveS offline

MarcoGT wrote:
Yes, I also have the bulbs in Indigo via Hue plugin.
But I need a second hub because I will pass the limit of 50 Hue devices :)

Karl is adding to Nathan's plugin to allow more than one Hub as he also has 50 plus bulbs to control.
https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?p=207629#p207629

CliveS

Posted on
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:41 pm
siclark offline

True, but still only controls bulbs. If you want more devices you need HE. If you want other devices you want a bigger mesh that bulbs provide.

Posted on
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:51 pm
MarcoGT offline

siclark wrote:
True, but still only controls bulbs. If you want more devices you need HE. If you want other devices you want a bigger mesh that bulbs provide.

But is that true that with Hue you have a better mesh network than with Hubitat?
Do you control then everything with Indigo (via Hubitat plugin of course)

But with Hue Hub you can also control devices (motion sensors, plugs)

Posted on
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:13 pm
siclark offline

MarcoGT wrote:
siclark wrote:

But is that true that with Hue you have a better mesh network than with Hubitat?
Do you control then everything with Indigo (via Hubitat plugin of course)

But with Hue Hub you can also control devices (motion sensors, plugs)

Yes Hue hub can do some sensors and plugs but definitely not all of them. If you want the full zigbee options, you need another hub. For just bulbs, the Hue hub may be the best, although I dont see why, but if you want to use sensors and switches and devices the Hue Hub cant support, then you need those devices on another hub, either HE or a zigbee USB stick etc. At that point, rather than having 2 zigbee networks I would assume its better to have the larger mesh.

I control zigbee bulbs, light modules etc from indigo, and also have zigbee switches in HE controling Indigo devices.

Posted on
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:16 pm
MarcoGT offline

Ok, thanks a lot for your answer.
So, you only have Hubitat and no Hue Hubs...

I cannot decide myself :)

Wit Hubitat I would also have a further Z-Wave controller; I will move into a 3 stories house I fear I will have problem with Z-Wave place in the basement or in middle story...

Posted on
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:40 pm
siclark offline

MarcoGT wrote:
Ok, thanks a lot for your answer.
So, you only have Hubitat and no Hue Hubs...

I cannot decide myself :)

Wit Hubitat I would also have a further Z-Wave controller; I will move into a 3 stories house I fear I will have problem with Z-Wave place in the basement or in middle story...

I moved from using Hue hub to a zigbee usb stick with zigbee2mqtt so I could start using some zigbee sensors, but was a pain, not as powerful and complicated. The HE hub is a lot simpler to integrate to Indigo thanks to all Jon's good work.

I have zwave on 3 stories with the Mac with the zwave stick on the ground floor front corner, and all works fine, the mesh is great (assuming you have enough mains devices).

Posted on
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:29 am
MarcoGT offline

Same as me, or put the Mini in the basement and Hubitat on ground floor

Do you see any problem with Hue lights on the Hubitat instead of adding them to the Hue Hub?
I mean, mesh network performances and so on.

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:12 pm
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
I was wondering if have indigo devices published on mqtt on homie format easily means we could pull those into homebridge as an alternative to the homekitbridge that is no longer updated in indigo?

Does homebridge enable connections with homie :?: