Hubitat Plugin Beta

Posted on
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:02 am
siclark offline

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

Hi Jon,
I have now migrated everything over to the Hubitat including Sonoff and Aqara temperature sensors. The aqara are actually working well on the Hubitat.

I have asked to set up humidity as a custom state on the Primary device, but the only custom state I see is presence. Is this supposed to work? I could do secondary devices, but prefer to not clutter the screen.

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:01 pm
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
... I have asked to set up humidity as a custom state on the Primary device, but the only custom state I see is presence. Is this supposed to work? I could do secondary devices, but prefer to not clutter the screen.

Yes, it is supposed to work and is most likely a bug.

It has probably happened because I did originally support showing humidity (along with temperature) in the UI at the same time. This style is now deprecated and so I backed out that code but must have missed something while doing it. I will run a test and try and figure out what has gone wrong. In the meanwhile, you can change it to a secondary devices and change it back when I figure out the fix. :)

Posted on
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:00 am
siclark offline

Thanks. Will do for now.

Posted on
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:31 am
autolog offline

Hi Simon,

A new version of the plugin is available as pre-release on Github: Fix Humidity as primary Device additional state

As I suspected, there was a bit of missing code that I should have included when I did the deprecated humidity change. :wink:

When you edit the device to flip humidity back from a secondary device to an additional state on the primary device, you will get an orphan secondary device that you have to delete manually.

If you edit this orphaned device, you will get a dialogue something like this:
hubitat_orphaned_secondary_device.png
Hubitat orphaned secondary device
hubitat_orphaned_secondary_device.png (264.31 KiB) Viewed 2807 times

You will see that the device name is appended with e.g. [UNGROUPED @2021-09-13 13:09:53]
Looking at it now, the displayed text, when you try to edit its device settings tells you to delete the device. The message should maybe say "You are not allowed to directly create or edit this secondary device ...". I will put that on the todo list.

I have tested it and it seems to work. Let me know if it is OK for you. :)

Posted on
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:24 pm
racarter offline

Thanks for this great plugin!

Please could we have an illuminance sensor as a primary? I have a sensor which measures nothing else, but I can't create a device for it.

Posted on
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:11 am
autolog offline

racarter wrote:
Please could we have an illuminance sensor as a primary? I have a sensor which measures nothing else, but I can't create a device for it.

New version 0.5.9 is available in the Indigo Plugin Store.

It now supports both Humidity and Illuminance as a primary Indigo device. :)

Posted on
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:21 am
racarter offline

Lightning service! :D

Posted on
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:18 pm
siclark offline

Hi Jon

Next time you are in the code, I was wondering if we could have an action to turn on and off flashing of bulbs. It looks a handy feature to use for getting people’s attention!

Cheers.

Posted on
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:34 pm
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
Next time you are in the code, I was wondering if we could have an action to turn on and off flashing of bulbs. It looks a handy feature to use for getting people’s attention! .

So you are looking for specific flashing code for lamps. I am not sure that should be a Hubitat Plugin function. I know that some Hubitat devices have a device function to flash lamp devicess but I am not sure that is exposed via the MQTT interface. :?:

When I have a bit more time, I might investigate it. In the meanwhile if you could provide a bit more detail on how you think it could work, that would be useful. :)

Posted on
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:54 am
cesarvog offline

Many thanks @autolog for this excellent addition to the Indigo Plugins.

It took me a while to get it working, but once I got the gist, it has been working flawlessly.
Now, if only I would be able to add my C-7 as secondary controller to my zwave mesh, then I would be the happiest camper... But that is another story!

Once again, thanks for this amazing plugin.
Best regards,
Cesar

Posted on
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:56 am
siclark offline

autolog wrote:
siclark wrote:
Next time you are in the code, I was wondering if we could have an action to turn on and off flashing of bulbs. It looks a handy feature to use for getting people’s attention! .

So you are looking for specific flashing code for lamps. I am not sure that should be a Hubitat Plugin function. I know that some Hubitat devices have a device function to flash lamp devicess but I am not sure that is exposed via the MQTT interface. :?:

When I have a bit more time, I might investigate it. In the meanwhile if you could provide a bit more detail on how you think it could work, that would be useful. :)

Hi, yes it would be to turn on and off the hubitat functionality to flash a bulb. I think it only makes sense if, as you say, the functionality is exposed over MQTT. If it is not, I can ask that plugin owner.

Posted on
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:14 pm
CliveS offline

siclark wrote:
Hi, yes it would be to turn on and off the hubitat functionality to flash a bulb. I think it only makes sense if, as you say, the functionality is exposed over MQTT. If it is not, I can ask that plugin owner.

Hubitat just sends on and off to Indigo via MQTT, looked at the Hubitat driver but no idea on Zigbee or Groovy coding but I am sure a simple python script in Indigo that knows the delay between off and on and number of flashes required would be the answer.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:43 pm
autolog offline

Hi Cesar,
cesarvog wrote:
Many thanks @autolog for this excellent addition to the Indigo Plugins. ....

Thanks for the kind words, I am glad you are finding it useful. :D

I try and keep the plugin up-to-date and as I have a limited number of devices to test with, I welcome user feedback so that the plugin can be improved. :)

Posted on
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:45 pm
autolog offline

CliveS wrote:
... but I am sure a simple python script in Indigo that knows the delay between off and on and number of flashes required would be the answer.

As this functionality (easy scripting) is already available in Indigo, I think this would be the way to go as well. :)

Posted on
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:56 pm
CliveS offline

autolog wrote:
I try and keep the plugin up-to-date and as I have a limited number of devices to test with, I welcome user feedback so that the plugin can be improved. :)

And I have an increasing portfolio of Zigbee devices thanks to you, in fact I am replacing all my Neo contact sensors with Zigbee and now making all the light switches dimmable or switchable with no neutral Zigbee modules.

The only negative I have found for Zigbee is motion sensors, very basic compared to Z-Wave.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Page 5 of 12 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12