Rules for this forum

Posted on
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:26 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Rules for this forum

Just to reiterate what we say in the forum description, this forum is to help people make informed decisions when considering switching from one hardware technology to another. This is a somewhat sensitive topic to many, as users often have installed a technology and have become experienced with its use. We do not want this forum to degrade into a flame war on Insteon vs Z-Wave, etc., and we will promptly remove any post that veers in that direction.

One way to keep this forum useful is to ask more pointed questions. For instance, my first post will be about how I replaced an Insteon Recessed Door sensor/SwitchLinc combination with a Z-Wave alternative. I had the requirement that it had to work without Indigo involvement (the door sensor had to talk directly to the switch).

If you do see a more general question (I'm using X, what's the best replacement) be sure to keep any replies civil and to the point. We reserve the right to modify the rules here if new situations come up that require us to adjust the rules. But mainly, please keep the conversation civil and understand that we're all here to help each other.

Thanks everyone!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:00 pm
whmoorejr offline

Re: Rules for this forum

jay (support) wrote:
We do not want this forum to degrade into a flame war on Insteon vs Z-Wave, etc.,

Just curious... has this ever happened and is there any way to access these deleted posts? Is there a repository somewhere where these can be viewed? I think a nerd brawl of Insteon vs Z-Wave would be comical if it were to arise beyond technological differences.

X-10 Rules! F Insteon & Z-Wave.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:51 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes. And, no, we don't keep those posts.

It does remind me that I haven't done the writeup yet, but that'll have to wait until after we ship the next release.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:07 am
durosity offline

*notes jay deleting 90% of my posts*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:25 am
jay (support) offline