My People Plugin Version 2.0.01

Posted on
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:04 pm
whmoorejr offline

https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/244/

This is a major revision to the previous version.
The small stuff:
Added more location states (userLatitude, userLongitude, userMap)

The big stuff:
There is now a plugin configuration that allows you to modify the update rate of the plugin. When the plugin updates, it refreshes all My People device states (to reflect any changes from the source of the state... if it points to another device state or variable)

The Control Page feature "Now Showing" can now be changed 6 ways:
First, Next, Previous, Last and
Now Showing Specific Record (an action lets you put in a record number, there will be an error in the log if you enter a record number that doesn't exist)
Now Showing Specific Person (a dialogue box lets you choose from the "People" devices you've created to go directly to that person.

Whenever any of the control page actions are executed, the device states are updated

Inputs:
The previous method was a pain... there are now 3 main input actions:
All three actions will open a dialogue that lets you select the "People" device, then populate another box to select the state you want to modify.
All three actions have a "UPDATE NOW" button.... so you can quickly go through states to update a person without closing and executing the action.
1) From Text: Enter any text or use a variable substitution. The state of the device will reflect the text or the substituted value.
2) From Statekey: There will be another dropdown to select a source device, then select a state from that source device to populate your People Device
3) From Variable: There is another dropdown to select from all your variables. Select the variable to populate the state you selected for your People Device

Legacy Actions:
All the legacy actions (from the previous version of the plugin) have been retained. Why? Because they come in handy if you want to update a People Device with a python script

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:50 am
mundmc offline

Re: My People Plugin Version 2.0.01

Awesome, I’m sorry I have not been able to tinker yet with this one as my house is in disarray, but I am excited for this and thank you!

Posted on
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:17 pm
whmoorejr offline

Re: My People Plugin Version 2.0.01

mundmc wrote:
...I am excited for this and thank you!

You're welcome! Let me know if you run into any glitches. Eventually I'll get to the Room version.
The "Room" version will be identical in performance, just different nomenclature and different custom states. (a lot more states). So I'm just holding out on some feedback to be sure the template "My People Plugin" is a solid performer.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:41 pm
mundmc offline

My primary house continues to be gutted, so it’s hard motivating to do anything that I can actually verify, but I think this is going to be a very welcome addition that people don’t realize they need until they see it. Nevertheless, I’m excited for it and, in my more aspirational by proxy moments for you, I can imagine this being a default built in plugin someday.

Page 1 of 1