Failed connection with Glow IHD/CAD

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:11 am
colinpartridge offline

Failed connection with Glow IHD/CAD

I think I have followed the installation instructions for this plugin and the MQTT connector but I can't get to the connected state, showing disconnected 1. What is odd is that by using all the same connection settings I am able to subscribe to the correct topics using MQTT Explorer. Any thoughts on what I might be missing.

Colin

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:42 am
neilk offline

Re: Failed connection with Glow IHD/CAD

Colin,
I took a look at my working config vs the documentation and it does match, and as you say the connection settings are working. I just upgraded the MQTT connector just in case that made a difference, as I wasn't running the latest version.

This part just worked for me, have you tried turning on debugging in the MQTT connector ?

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:03 am
FlyingDiver offline

colinpartridge wrote:
I think I have followed the installation instructions for this plugin and the MQTT connector but I can't get to the connected state, showing disconnected 1. What is odd is that by using all the same connection settings I am able to subscribe to the correct topics using MQTT Explorer. Any thoughts on what I might be missing.

Colin

Try this version: https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-M ... tag/0.4.10

I haven't pushed it to the Plugin Store yet.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:10 am
colinpartridge offline

Hi Joe, I've just installed the new version without anymore success. If I turn on debugging and start the device i get the following:
Code: Select all
MQTT Connector                  GlowCAD: Starting Device
   MQTT Connector Debug            GlowCAD: Device is current version: 0
   MQTT Connector Debug            GlowCAD: Broker __init__ address = glowmqtt.energyhive.com, port = 8883, protocol = 4, transport = tcp

But I also get a whole load of messages relating to other devices as well, and I don't know if this is normal. eg
MQTT Connector Debug            Marantz Dining Room: deviceUpdated: doExcludes = False, listedDevice = False
   MQTT Connector Debug            Marantz Dining Room: deviceUpdated: id = 1335276115, devList = published_devices : (list)
   MQTT Connector Debug            Marantz Dining Room: deviceUpdated: doExcludes = False, listedDevice = False
   MQTT Connector Debug            Marantz Dining Room: deviceUpdated: id = 1335276115, devList = published_devices : (list)

This occurs when I turn on Marantz AV receiver..
Any pointers to what I have done wrong?

Colin

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:24 am
FlyingDiver offline

That log just means the "Marantz Dining Room" device is updating multiple times. I don't know what that device actually is, so I can't say why it's doing that. But it's not anything wrong, specifically.

If you're actually getting an error, it's somewhere else in the log.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:25 am
colinpartridge offline

...and relax.. Bit embarrased but the reason it wasn't working was a space after the username. Onwards!

Cheers
Colin

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:53 am
neilk offline

:D Let me know how you get on, and if you want to see any more capability in the plugin. Be interested in your feedback.

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:55 am
FlyingDiver offline

colinpartridge wrote:
...and relax.. Bit embarrased but the reason it wasn't working was a space after the username. Onwards!

In the Connector plugin device login field? I should probably do a strip on those to get rid of leading and trailing spaces.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:22 am
colinpartridge offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
colinpartridge wrote:

In the Connector plugin device login field? I should probably do a strip on those to get rid of leading and trailing spaces.

Hi Joe, yes I had cut and pasted my username into the login field, along with a space. Not the first time I've done that..

Colin

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:10 pm
colinpartridge offline

neilk wrote:
:D Let me know how you get on, and if you want to see any more capability in the plugin. Be interested in your feedback.

After the euphoria of getting the MQTT part going I now turned to the Historical data from the data. After setting up the GlowCAD plugin with my Bright Credentials and adding a daily Consumption device I don't get the "resource Type" field being populated, so I presume that I'm not getting connected to the API correctly , debug message is
Started plugin "GlowmarktCAD 0.0.13"
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Starting device: GlowCAD
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Starting device: new device 1
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              No update for new device 1
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Updating device
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Time remaining on token is 6 days, 21:35:58.035997
   GlowmarktCAD Error              exception in deviceStartComm(new device 1): 'key  not found in dict'
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Starting concurrent thread

I'm getting the historic data from the Bright app.
Any thoughts?
BTW Thanks for putting the work into this plugin. I was reluctant to install a smart meter thinking that I would lose the ability to monitor energy usage as I wanted. But with this plugin and FlyingDivers MQTT work I felt more confident in doing it. Also Top marks for the Glowmarkt support, very impressed..

Colin`

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:45 pm
neilk offline

Colin,
It looks like you are authenticated ok as it has picked up the token, and I validate the credentials in the plugin config screen so if you were able to successfully close it you should be connected to the API OK. A couple of questions :-

- Do you have a gas smart meter as well as electric (I have both so cannot test with just an electricity meter)

- Any other errors if you restart the plugin, or when you configure the consumption device

I will dig into the code as it has been a while, I may need to get a version for you with some specific logging if I cannot figure it out.

Apologies for this, it has only had a small number of users up until now.

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:26 pm
colinpartridge offline

Absolutely no need to apologise. I have both Electric and Gas smart meters, here's the debug messages when I reload the plug-in. New device 1 is the daily consumption device I'm trying to set-up.
GlowmarktCAD Debug              Starting device: GlowCAD
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Starting device: new device 1
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              No update for new device 1
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Updating device
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Time remaining on token is 6 days, 18:18:43.955717
   GlowmarktCAD Error              exception in deviceStartComm(new device 1): 'key  not found in dict'
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Starting concurrent thread

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:40 pm
neilk offline

Thanks - I now remember how this works. I think you already have debugging enabled, but if you do, and then you open and save the plugin configuration you should see something like this in the log

GlowmarktCAD Debug              <Response [200]>
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              {u'userGroups': [], u'isTempAuth': False, u'name': u'neil k', u'token': u'eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTYxNTMyNTcwOH0.TTFqBPggCNNs8u67zaOodAWg0a9dAkh56u6oe2v1jmk', u'valid': True, u'exp': 1615325708, u'functionalGroupAccounts': [], u'accountId': u'5124xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx5-2ad60cfb3c99'}
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6Ikpxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2MTQ3MjA5MDgsImV4cCI6MTYxNTMyNTcwOH0.TTFqBPggCNNs8u67zaOodAWg0a9dAkh56u6oe2v1jmk
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Token is eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDgsImV4cCI6MTYxNTMyNTcwOH0.TTFqBPggCNNs8u67zaOodAWg0a9dAkh56u6oe2v1jmk
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Expiry is 1615325708
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Time remaining on token is 6 days, 22:59:59.591232
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Getting Resources
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              gas.consumption
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              53094110-6acd-48ed-ac75-ce7f071d4228
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              gas.consumption.cost
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              b8e6dd9d-47fc-4a90-8caf-3fe7b0670b86
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              electricity.consumption
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              30b5fb84-ed2b-4df4-a8a4-0fc003996b81
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              electricity.consumption.cost
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              49123e45-6597-46f5-a9b7-246384d425db

The error comes from the fact that the resource type is not being populated in the device configuration, which shouldn't happen. If you can try that (I am most interested in what follows the "Getting Resources" line.
You can obscure the token info and email addresses (I just noticed I hadn't and edited it)

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:27 pm
colinpartridge offline

Following your instruction here's what I get when opening and saving plugin config..
GlowmarktCAD Debug              <Response [200]>
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              {u'userGroups': [], u'isTempAuth': False, u'name': u'Colin Partridge', u'token': u'eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJ0b2tlbkhhc2giOiI5YjRiNDRlNTJmNjllZjRjYTFjYTc2ODI0ZjNiN2NkOTM3ZGQ5MGU2ZGQzNTZhYzA3YjA0NDZlMDI2ZGVkMzA1Mjg4NzE1ZDNkZmFhODVlZDBhMzg5MzQ5MmJjMmQyN2YiLCJpYXQiOjE2MTQxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', u'valid': True, u'exp': 1615332008, u'functionalGroupAccounts': [], u'accountId': u'7e3f8c34-8091-41cd-xxxxxxxxxxxxc'}
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJ0b2tlbkhhc2giOiI5YjRiNDRlNTJmNjllZjRjYTFjYTc2ODI0ZjNiN2NkOTM3ZGQ5MGU2ZGQzNTZhYzA3YjA0NDZlMDI2ZGVkMzA1Mjg4NzE1ZDNkZmFhODVlZDBhMzg5MzQ5MmJjMmQyN2YiLCJpYXQiOjE2MTQ3MjcyMDgsImV4cCI6MTYxNxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2tcSuPmOdmTfdpqT7Avyq2H0jagQOM7ig
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Token is eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJ0b2tlbkhhc2giOiI5YjRiNDRlNTJmNjllZjRjYTFjYTc2ODI0ZjNiN2NkOTM3ZGQ5MGU2ZGQzNTZhYzA3YjA0NDZlMDI2ZGVkMzA1Mjg4NzE1ZDNkZmFhODVlZDBhMzg5MzQ5MmJjMmQyN2YiLCJpYXQiOjE2MTQ3MjcyMDgsImV4cCI6MTYxNxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2tcSuPmOdmTfdpqT7Avyq2H0jagQOM7ig
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Expiry is 1615332008
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Time remaining on token is 6 days, 22:59:59.438495
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Getting Resources
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              711d38b6-2eec-4b0f-90ba-73d4cedac788
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              2a14bf9f-fa4b-47f4-b8b8-41051b93491f
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              5ab57d58-0f0b-4cd5-9046-e98838a2b52b
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              0a8dc568-2779-4940-9f57-3cabe27b664d
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              1d55506e-bff6-4b1b-9aeb-1bf5afaf8574
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              b80fdf51-ce1e-4aa4-841e-cf29214c04b0
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              6a8757fb-7e3e-414a-bbc1-04765ad9a5ed
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              d5fd145d-e7ed-4a2c-9956-fd6af4a5603a

Hope this helps

Colin

Posted on
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:33 am
colinpartridge offline

Morning Neil
Looking at the log I sent last night and the fact that its showing twice the number of resources that you were expecting it occurred to me that I have two CAD devices, one supplied by Bulb and one by Glowmarkt, both of which are hooked up to my bright App.