UK Smart Meter Users - Access your meter data without HW

Posted on
Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:29 am
neilk offline

Re: UK Smart Meter Users - Access your meter data without HW

https://github.com/neilkplugins/Glow-IHD-CAD-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/2022.0.3-Alpha is the test version that included local MQTT support, and I have updated the wiki to document this.

Posted on
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:29 am
siclark offline

Hi Neil, there appears to be an issue with the version of the plugin here and it doesn't work.

Also I now have the Glowmarkt CAD device for local MQTT, and can see the trigger triggering, but I have 142 messages queued and counting, and none appear to be getting read by the device.

Edit: I deleted the plugin and prefs and restarted Indigo and downloaded. I now have the dropdown populated and I can choose the devices, but still get no dat populated in them, and the MQTT device shows CAD Offline / No MQTT Messages.

The Queue is ##GlowmarktCAD_local##

Edit 2: The zip file of the alpha version was good, so I have that running now.

I am now seeing some values populated. I think there are some issues with the device. deviceTypeId maybe, in that running in debug I dont see that populated correctly. and removing that from the IF seems to work, although at risk of other incorrect behaviour.

Posted on
Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:10 am
siclark offline

Hi Neil.. I am finally round to producing some grafana dashboards on this and is looking good.

I think I am not seeing the consuption_this_period populated for Gas. I understand there is no realtime reading for it, but I would like to be able to do bar charts of use grouped by 30 mins to show where spikes are related to heating timing etc. Its easier to see that than increases in slope on the consumption_sum.

Also much easier to use a normal line chart than have to build a chart using the 30 min bucketed values, as I can lay other data over the top.

Is that something that is easy to add.

Thanks
simon.

Posted on
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:01 am
neilk offline

I will take a look - should be easy enough if it is on the response already.

Neil

Posted on
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:38 am
siclark offline

Cheers

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:46 am
neilk offline

Simon,
Apologies, I was spending time on the Evohome new plugin, but that is largely done. I did open the code for this and then realised it was a while since I looked at it. Can you give me a little more detail as to what you need and I will dig back into what the API returns so see if I we can extract it for you a different way. (specific device type, api, Cloud MQTT, local MQTT etc) just to make sure I am looking at the right thing.
Thanks,
Neil