Failed connection with Glow IHD/CAD

Posted on
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:05 am
neilk offline

Re: Failed connection with Glow IHD/CAD

Colin,
I think you are spot on, I build that list assuming the resources are unique, and it breaks from that. I will take a look tonight and see what I need to do to make that more robust. Worse case I will get time at the weekend to sort.
Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:06 am
colinpartridge offline

No rush Neil, I have a ticket out with Jane @ glowmarkt to see if ( what looks like) the duplicate smart meters showing on my account can be tidied up. I'll let you know.

Colin

Posted on
Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:13 am
neilk offline

Colin,
I looked at the API and it does imply that you will only see 4 resources, but I think I can key off the resource ID which is unique. Worth doing as some people have an export meter also and my old dumb meters appeared for a while, I just need to figure out a way to allow people to distinguish if it happens.
Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:36 pm
colinpartridge offline

Following up from earlier Glowmarkt have been tinkering with my account and now its showing the correct number of resources ( thats not to say that it might not happen to someone else). However the daily consumption device resource panel is still not populating...
Heres the new plugin startup debug, just the resource bit.
Code: Select all
GlowmarktCAD Debug              Time remaining on token is 6 days, 22:59:59.718394
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              Getting Resources
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              electricity.consumption
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              711d38b6-2eec-4b0f-90ba-73d4cedac788
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              electricity.consumption.cost
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              2a14bf9f-fa4b-47f4-b8b8-41051b93491f
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              gas.consumption
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              5ab57d58-0f0b-4cd5-9046-e98838a2b52b
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              gas.consumption.cost
   GlowmarktCAD Debug              0a8dc568-2779-4940-9f57-3cabe27b664d

I'll pm you if you want the whole lot.

Colin

Posted on
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:04 pm
neilk offline

Colin,
Thanks for that, I tried to fake a response from the API with duplicate resources and while it was confusing the list still populated with double entries so it looks like something else is happening. Please do send me the full log, and if I cannot make sense of it I will prepare a version with more detailed logging. Just to confirm it is the resource type list that does not populate in the device settings, as per my duplicate one below

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 22.00.25.png
Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 22.00.25.png (116.88 KiB) Viewed 4042 times

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:38 am
colinpartridge offline

Hi Neil
It is the resource list that is not populating.
PM Sent.
Cheers
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 17.28.32.png
Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 17.28.32.png (209.51 KiB) Viewed 4038 times

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:36 am
neilk offline

Colin,
I will have a look again this evening, in the mean time it could well be an issue in the plugin preferences from when the account had the duplicates. It may be that disabling the plugin, deleting the plugin preferences file, and deleting any consumption devices it may well work.

EDIT: If you haven't already deleted it then a copy of it may help me figure out what has been going on, you should be able to open it in an editor

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Preferences/Plugins/com.barn.indigoplugin.GlowmarktCAD.indiPref

and re-enabling the plugin may well make a difference, at least we can test it against a clean instance, and it should not break your MQTT configuration. I noticed last night that when I was trying to break it the old entries persist. I will dig into this anyway as it may have implications if resourceID's were to change to make sure this is more elegantly handled.

If you don't mind that may be a quick thing to test.

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:37 pm
colinpartridge offline

Hi Neil
I followed your advice and deleted the preference file ( I'll PM the preference file to you) I'm still not getting the resource items populated properly.

Colin

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:03 am
colinpartridge offline

Morning Neil,
So this morning I tried a different approach, What I hadn't done before was to shutdown indigo server before deleting the plugin pref file. That did the trick, rebuilding the pref file. The resources drop down is now populating properly. All good now.
Cheers
Colin
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 08.00.46.png
Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 08.00.46.png (134.11 KiB) Viewed 3981 times

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:52 am
neilk offline

Colin - that is good news and thanks for letting me know. I am going to tweak how I generate that list for the next version so this cannot happen and to at least validate the number of resources returned. Apologies for the issue and let me know if you have any additional requirements and ideas. Thinking of doing something to bring the historical data into Grafana for example.

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:02 am
colinpartridge offline

Thanks for your hardwork Neil, I haven't got my head around Grafana yet so any hooks to make it simpler would be appreciated. Off to rebuild my control pages now.

Colin

Posted on
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:33 pm
neilk offline

Just for completeness, this issue can happen if you have more "smart meters" registered to your Glowmarkt/Bright account often as a result of your energy provided not correctly updating the meter database. I plan to try and at least better handle the situation in a future version, but it appears that it is possible that the plugin can get into a strange state, but it is difficult to test. If you end up in the situation where when you create a consumption device, the list of device types is not populated. If so do the following.

1) Disable the plugin

2) Delete the following file (your version may vary)

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Preferences/Plugins/com.barn.indigoplugin.GlowmarktCAD.indiPref

3) Restart the Indigo Server

4) Re-enable the plugin and add your credentials back in

I hope to resolve this in a future version, and I am not sure how widespread the duplicate meter issue may be.

Neil

P.S. @Colin - let me know if you need anything and how it is working for you,

Posted on
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:03 pm
colinpartridge offline

Sorry for delay getting back to you, I don't seem to be getting any notifications to this topic. All working well, the only thing which would be nice would be to able to see the energy cost in pounds rather than just pence. I know I can do this with a bit of python noodling but would be nice to have it as an option?

Cheers

Colin

Posted on
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:46 pm
neilk offline

Colin
This test version is now configurable (for the device UI) to show in £ or pence at the device level. The actual device states are still in pence but that should do what you need. Sorry this took a while.
Neil

https://github.com/neilkplugins/Glow-IHD-CAD-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/0.0.14-Alpha