HassBridge plugin

Posted on
Tue May 12, 2020 12:28 pm
farberm offline

Re: HassBridge plugin

That fixed everything. No issue. I can now see the items in MQTT explorer and on my Hass setup.

Thanks for the prompt fix.

Posted on
Tue May 12, 2020 8:22 pm
Gangotti offline

The good news is I have some of my devices that are showing up in MQTT,. This means we are configured and sending device data. The devices that are showing up in HAssio are able to be controlled!! However, out of the 83 Insteon DEvices, I am only seeing 33 DEvices in MQTT, this is the same with Zwave devices and virtual devices. As a matter of fact, I am only seeing 40 of 136 that are in the plugin configuration window. Is it and indigo device naming issue, or is it limited to only 40 devices?

additionally, I am seeing this error code in the indigo log.

HassBridge Error Error in plugin execution UiClosed1:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 149, in closedPrefsConfigUi
File "plugin.py", line 132, in update_perfs
File "plugin.py", line 481, in _register_ha_devices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/HassBridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/hass_devices/base.py", line 408, in register
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/HassBridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/hass_devices/sensor.py", line 61, in _send_state
AttributeError: 'RelayDevice' object has no attribute 'sensorValue'

Posted on
Tue May 12, 2020 8:45 pm
WonderSlug offline

Gangotti wrote:
The good news is I have some of my devices that are showing up in MQTT,. This means we are configured and sending device data. The devices that are showing up in HAssio are able to be controlled!! However, out of the 83 Insteon DEvices, I am only seeing 33 DEvices in MQTT, this is the same with Zwave devices and virtual devices. As a matter of fact, I am only seeing 40 of 136 that are in the plugin configuration window. Is it and indigo device naming issue, or is it limited to only 40 devices?

additionally, I am seeing this error code in the indigo log.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 149, in closedPrefsConfigUi
File "plugin.py", line 132, in update_perfs
File "plugin.py", line 481, in _register_ha_devices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/HassBridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/hass_devices/base.py", line 408, in register
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/HassBridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/hass_devices/sensor.py", line 61, in _send_state
AttributeError: 'RelayDevice' object has no attribute 'sensorValue'

No there is no limit on the number of devices. I have 102 Insteon devices that get registered but only a couple of ZWave and Virtual ones. From the Traceback it looks like the plugin is registering a device as a sensor thats showing up as a relay. What I think is happening is that as its registering the devices its failing on the 41st device. Ill try to add some debug statements to a quick release and see if we can see what device it might be.

I think its likely a virtual device thats showing up oddly, or an Insteon device type I dont have a registration for.

Can you tell me what virtual device types you have? Possibly ones created by other plugins?

Also have you turned on debug logging? You might be able to see what device is having the issue.

Posted on
Tue May 12, 2020 9:12 pm
Gangotti offline

I do have the debugging turned on. this is the device that is causing the error

HassBridge Debug Sending config for Bar Patio Door Lock Battery:111322071_battery to topic homeassistant/sensor/bar_patio_door_lock_battery/config
HassBridge Debug Sending availability of online for Bar Patio Door Lock Battery to homeassistant/sensor/bar_patio_door_lock_battery/status

The door lock is a z wave device.

Posted on
Tue May 12, 2020 9:37 pm
WonderSlug offline

Gangotti wrote:

HassBridge Debug Sending config for Bar Patio Door Lock Battery:111322071_battery to topic homeassistant/sensor/bar_patio_door_lock_battery/config
HassBridge Debug Sending availability of online for Bar Patio Door Lock Battery to homeassistant/sensor/bar_patio_door_lock_battery/status

I dont have any explicit support for locks in HassBridge right now. It appears that they show up in Indigo as a Relay type with a specific subtype. Support for locks could be something I can try to add later if you would be willing to be a guinea pig and work with me on it. I have an August lock that has z-wave capability but I usually dont use it that way. Ill see what I can flesh out with it.

At this point I would not include that in the selected bridge devices.

I did a quick release (v1.0.4) that has some more verbose.registration debug logging (yes it can get more verbose) which might help as well.

Posted on
Tue May 12, 2020 9:47 pm
Gangotti offline

I took the locks out of the configuration, but it is still trying to add it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed May 13, 2020 10:29 am
dproctor offline

WonderSlug wrote:
Gangotti wrote:

I dont have any explicit support for locks in HassBridge right now. It appears that they show up in Indigo as a Relay type with a specific subtype. Support for locks could be something I can try to add later if you would be willing to be a guinea pig and work with me on it. I have an August lock that has z-wave capability but I usually dont use it that way. Ill see what I can flesh out with it.

At this point I would not include that in the selected bridge devices.

I did a quick release (v1.0.4) that has some more verbose.registration debug logging (yes it can get more verbose) which might help as well.

For what it's worth, I have 3 zwave locks and they appear to work for me. However, none of my virtual devices are not showing up at all. In the HassBridge configuration menu under Devices to Bridge the virtual devices don't show up as devices to select and I've tried checking Bridge all possible devices but that doesn't add the virtual devices either.

Posted on
Wed May 13, 2020 10:35 am
WonderSlug offline

dproctor wrote:
For what it's worth, I have 3 zwave locks and they appear to work for me. However, none of my virtual devices are not showing up at all. In the HassBridge configuration menu under Devices to Bridge the virtual devices don't show up as devices to select and I've tried checking Bridge all possible devices but that doesn't add the virtual devices either.

If it doesnt show up in the list of possible devices then its not going to be bridged when all possible is selected .... cause they might not be possible right now :D

What type of virtual devices are you working with?

Right now it really only works with Device Groups and is not setup to work with Virtual on/off or Sprinkler groups.

Posted on
Wed May 13, 2020 10:40 am
dproctor offline

WonderSlug wrote:
dproctor wrote:

If it doesnt show up in the list of possible devices then its not going to be bridged when all possible is selected .... cause they might not be possible right now :D

What type of virtual devices are you working with?

Right now it really only works with Device Groups and is not setup to work with Virtual on/off or Sprinkler groups.

Ahh ok, mine are set up as Virtual on/off devices.

Posted on
Wed May 13, 2020 2:23 pm
WonderSlug offline

dproctor wrote:

Ok well it was hard (2 lines of code) but I added support for Virtual on/off devices. its in v1.1.0. Let me know if this is working for you and how you expect.

Posted on
Wed May 13, 2020 2:34 pm
farberm offline

Wonderslug:

Thanks for the update. I will check it out the next day or so...

One additional question...

My MQTT explorer shows both a homeassistant and indigohassbridge topics that are the same. Any reason for this? I was expecting only one topic...
Here is my config file and image
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 4.33.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 4.33.18 PM.png (355.08 KiB) Viewed 2209 times

Posted on
Wed May 13, 2020 2:37 pm
Gangotti offline

WonderSlug, I just updated to 1.1.0 and all the errors have disappeared and I Have all my Insteon devices. Excellent work with the plugin. If you should ever need a Guinea Pig, I would be happy to help.

Posted on
Wed May 13, 2020 2:59 pm
WonderSlug offline

farberm wrote:
Wonderslug:

Thanks for the update. I will check it out the next day or so...

One additional question...

My MQTT explorer shows both a homeassistant and indigohassbridge topics that are the same. Any reason for this? I was expecting only one topic...
Here is my config file and image

The homeassistant ones are the default settings ones. When you installed the plugin and it started up before you change the discovery prefix it set those topics in "homeassistant". The do not get automatically removed and thats is an artifact of MQTT. if you have Homeassistant setup on the indigohassbridge discovery prefix and you are not using it for anything else you can delete the homeassistant top level and all of them below. doesnt hurt anything if they hang around as well..

Posted on
Wed May 13, 2020 3:00 pm
WonderSlug offline

Gangotti wrote:
WonderSlug, I just updated to 1.1.0 and all the errors have disappeared and I Have all my Insteon devices. Excellent work with the plugin. If you should ever need a Guinea Pig, I would be happy to help.

Glad things are working for you. :)

Posted on
Wed May 13, 2020 4:22 pm
dproctor offline

WonderSlug wrote:
dproctor wrote:

Ok well it was hard (2 lines of code) but I added support for Virtual on/off devices. its in v1.1.0. Let me know if this is working for you and how you expect.

Thanks for updating so quickly, the virtual devices do show up now. After messing around I have discovered that for my purposes it's actually easier to change the virtual device type to Device Group vice virtual on/off. I was pretty much just using the virtual device with the Alexa hue bridge so that one command would turn on or off a group of lights but I've found that that doesn't update the "state" of the virtual device unless i go add variable inputs to each of the actions. It didn't matter before because Alexa didn't care what the state was, she would just send the on or off command no matter what and I didn't care what state indigo thought the virtual device was in. However, Home Assistant does seem to care about the state and would not send an on or off command if it already sees that state. Setting up the Virtual Device as a Device Group makes it easier for the Virtual Device state to mirror the state of the actual devices and as such works to keep indigo and home assistant in sync. So long story short, yes the Virtual on/off devices work, but I went and changed mine to Device Group because that works better for my use. But again, I really appreciate the work you've done on the plugin. It works great and allowed me to integrate Google Home (which I kinda like better than Alexa) with my indigo devices relatively easily.