Data flows between Indigo and Home Assistant?

Posted on
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:00 am
nathanw offline

Data flows between Indigo and Home Assistant?

For my understanding and mental modeling, can the flow of information and control via HassBridge be explained by someone who understands better than I do?

I know that HassBridge has a direct channel to Home Assistant (which is why it needs the auth token), and there's also publishing via MQTT. What's the flow, each direction, for:

- observing the current state of devices
- changing state with commands (sending off/on/set level operations, etc)
- publishing events like level changes or new sensor values

Thanks.

Posted on
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:16 am
WonderSlug offline

Re: Data flows between Indigo and Home Assistant?

Yeah there are two different flows into and out of Home Assistant.

First there is the MQTT connection. It is the tight integration for all the devices in Indigo. It allows the two way control of devices. It also does all of the setup of the types of devices that are being exposed from Indigo, including all of the device class parts and capabilities of a device (number of fan speeds etc)

The direct connection with the authentication token is an HTTP rest based connection that allows HassBridge to submit events to Home Assistant from Indigo. Things like an Insteon Double click on or off do not have an equivalent in Home Assistant MQTT and need to be exposed as an event that can be caught and handled by Home Assistant automations. Information about entity names and such are also pulled into Indigo via the direct HTTP connection.

Posted on
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:20 am
WonderSlug offline

- observing the current state of devices:

This comes from MQTT and is published by Indigo to the MQTT state_topic

- changing state with commands (sending off/on/set level operations, etc)

This is called command in the MQTT discovery context. and is sent back to Indigo via the command_topic. Things like brightness and fan speed etc all have different command topics based on the device type.

- publishing events like level changes or new sensor values

These do not get published as events from Indigo. The state changes happen via MQTT publishing and HA creates its own events when they do.

Posted on
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:55 am
tailwheel offline

I'm trying to employ the HassBridge connection to the Home Assistant Rest API in order to capture Insteon double-click. Can't seem to find any guidance on how to get it working.

MQTT is working well and I believe my "Home Assistant Settings" are properly entered in Indigo > Configure HassBridge. Screen shot attached.

I haven't made any changes to Home Assistant and suspect that's where the problems is, although I'm not certain that any Rest data is being sent from Indigo.

HassBridge doesn't like having "Accept Unvalidated SSL Certificates" enabled:

Code: Select all
Nov 23, 2021 at 9:45:08 AM
   HassBridge                      Connecting to the MQTT Server...
   HassBridge                      Connected to MQTT Server!
   HassBridge Error                Exception trapped:HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.1.60', port=8123): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/states (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, u'[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)'),))
   HassBridge Error                Error in plugin execution UiClosed1:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 157, in closedPrefsConfigUi
  File "plugin.py", line 137, in _update_perfs
  File "plugin.py", line 361, in _setup_ha_devices
  File "plugin.py", line 480, in _refresh_ha_info
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.1/Plugins/HassBridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/libs/requests/api.py", line 61, in request
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.1/Plugins/HassBridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/libs/requests/sessions.py", line 530, in request
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.1/Plugins/HassBridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/libs/requests/sessions.py", line 643, in send
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.1/Plugins/HassBridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/libs/requests/adapters.py", line 514, in send
SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.1.60', port=8123): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/states (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, u'[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)'),))
Is there a tutorial or setup example that I could follow?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 9.44.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 9.44.48 AM.png (219.38 KiB) Viewed 1522 times

Best,
Greg

Page 1 of 1