Wed May 20, 2020 6:08 pm
farberm offline

Re: HassBridge plugin

Yes. Thx

Posted on
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:39 pm
emergent offline

So I want to have some of my switches show up as lights.

In the customization file I put:

devices:
Office Ceiling Fan Lights:
config_vars:
device_class: light
Office Credenza Lights:
config_vars:
device_class: light

However, I'm not seeing them show up as lights. It's definitely not changing the mqtt address to light from switch at least according to mqtt explorer. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted on
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:20 pm
WonderSlug offline

Howdy

So doing the device_class will only change the value being sent within the config of the device if it supports it. Like is show https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/binary_sensor.mqtt/#device_class

If you want to change how an Indigo device is represented to Home Assistant you need to change the bridge_type.

Code: Select all
devices:
  Office Ceiling Fan Lights:
    bridge_type: InsteonLight
  Office Credenza Lights:
    bridge_type: InsteonLight

for example. Or ZWaveLight if you are running zwave

You may have mixed results with this since it could change the way Indigo interacts with the device.

Posted on
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:42 pm
emergent offline

Thanks. Actually decided to keep it as is.

I used to use primarily Indigo. Then a combination of HA once a MQTT plugin came out. But it didn’t work great. So I got an ISY and used it with Homebridge. And it was ok, but ISY is very limited especially with naming and it always throws errors in HA and sometimes misses turning lights on or off. Then my whole setup died. So I just tried using Home Assistant’s built in Insteon integration. But it was so slow. So I saw someone recommended the Insteon->MQTT python 3 app and the USB Insteon stick. But that was super tedious. So I was just setting that up before I thought to look and see if someone made a new plugin and saw this. This is a lifesaver. Since I need Indigo just to at least control the LED switch lights and turn them off at night in the bedroom and on in the morning. Integrating that would be amazing. I already do the LED lights with MQTT and Indigo but combining them would be awesome.

Are you taking tips for this? This is the best home automation find I’ve had in years and solves so many of my issues.

Posted on
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:06 pm
WonderSlug offline

Im glad you find it useful. :D

No, I'm not taking tips, but thank you. This has been a labor of .... well.... being frustrated and wanting things to work together easily.

Posted on
Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:06 am
PeterGlyn offline

Hi,

Installed the plugin recently after delving into Home Assistant.

I can select a number of z wave devices to appear in Home Assistant but as I use a number of Virtual Devices I have tries to add some of these as well.My issue is that I only ever see one Virtual device on Home Assistant, usually the last one I have selected.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to fix this?

Cheers

Posted on
Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:56 am
WonderSlug offline

PeterGlyn wrote:
I can select a number of z wave devices to appear in Home Assistant but as I use a number of Virtual Devices I have tries to add some of these as well.My issue is that I only ever see one Virtual device on Home Assistant, usually the last one I have selected.

Make sure when you are selecting the devices to bridge in the config screen that you hold down Command when you click to make sure multiple devices are selected. This is a limitation in the available controls in the configuration.

Posted on
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:32 am
PeterGlyn offline

Hi

Yeah am doing that which is why I have multiple z wave devices available in HA but multiple virtual devices on results in one device visible in HA

Posted on
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:27 pm
Assistaant_Nicola offline

Hi,

I'm trying to get hassbridge 1.4.0 working but get the below error message

My config is shown in image below, MQTT on HA is working
I am running HA on Virtualbox VM on Mac OS High Sierra

Any clues would be much appreciated

HassBridge Connecting to the MQTT Server...
HassBridge Error Connection Refused when connecting to broker.
HassBridge Error Exception trapped:HTTPSConnectionPool(host='10.1.1.30', port=8123): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/states (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, u'[SSL: UNKNOWN_PROTOCOL] unknown protocol (_ssl.c:727)'),))
HassBridge Error Error in plugin execution UiClosed1:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 157, in closedPrefsConfigUi
File "plugin.py", line 137, in _update_perfs
File "plugin.py", line 361, in _setup_ha_devices
File "plugin.py", line 480, in _refresh_ha_info
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.1/Plugins/HassBridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/libs/requests/api.py", line 61, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.1/Plugins/HassBridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/libs/requests/sessions.py", line 530, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.1/Plugins/HassBridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/libs/requests/sessions.py", line 643, in send
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.1/Plugins/HassBridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/libs/requests/adapters.py", line 514, in send
SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='10.1.1.30', port=8123): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/states (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, u'[SSL: UNKNOWN_PROTOCOL] unknown protocol (_ssl.c:727)'),))
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 4.23.28 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 4.23.28 pm.png (133 KiB) Viewed 2244 times

Posted on
Sun May 22, 2022 2:00 am
Umtauscher offline

I have the exact same configuration running.
I‘m just not using https and TLS/SSL