HassBridge future features suggestions

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 1:53 pm
WonderSlug offline

HassBridge future features suggestions

Howdy all,

Im looking for some ideas on what you would like to see out of HassBridge in the future.

I have some of my own thoughts but want to gauge how people are using it and if some of them make sense.

Im just going to put this down with some of my thoughts to hopefully start some conversation.

Home Assistant MQTT discovery types not supported yet.

• Alarm control panels - Not seeing how this can be done for devices from Indigo, but open to ideas.
  • HVACs - I dont have a ZWave or Insteon thermostat to play with right now but would like to see this in.

Indigo Device Specific
  • IO Devices - Right now Hassbridge treats the Insteon IO device as a Cover. Need to make that probably be a switch and binary sensor with a customization for cover/garage door

These are just off the top of my head. I would like to hear any thoughts you all have.

Thanks

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 3:37 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: HassBridge future features suggestions

Grab the Indigo SDK download and load the Example Thermostat plugin. Then you can create a dummy thermostat device for testing the HVAC type.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 4:40 pm
WonderSlug offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Grab the Indigo SDK download and load the Example Thermostat plugin. Then you can create a dummy thermostat device for testing the HVAC type.

Great idea! Thanks.

Posted on
Mon May 25, 2020 10:51 pm
Gangotti offline

is there a way to add the x10 devices to the MQTT? I don't have them but I use them as virtual dimmer devices and it works great. I use them as a way to control volume for my airfoil speakers, but I have recently thought it would be a way to control dimmer and other devices on protocols not yet supported by indigo, for example, if I have a zigbee dimmer, using home assistant I could link the x10 device and the zigbee device so if one changes it matches the other and that would give me control of the zigbee device from indigo. if not I could at least have a volume control that will be accurate with my control pages.

Posted on
Wed May 27, 2020 5:06 pm
WonderSlug offline

Gangotti wrote:
is there a way to add the x10 devices to the MQTT? I don't have them but I use them as virtual dimmer devices and it works great. I use them as a way to control volume for my airfoil speakers, but I have recently thought it would be a way to control dimmer and other devices on protocols not yet supported by indigo, for example, if I have a zigbee dimmer, using home assistant I could link the x10 device and the zigbee device so if one changes it matches the other and that would give me control of the zigbee device from indigo. if not I could at least have a volume control that will be accurate with my control pages.

Ill look at it. I have some old X10 stuff in a box somewhere, and ill see if I can get it working again.

Posted on
Thu May 28, 2020 12:35 am
Gangotti offline

You don’t need to have them actually working, just install an x10 device in indigo and assign it an address. Even though there is no feedback it still works even though there is no physical device it’s talking to. I would think that if you can control it through the hassbridge to indigo than it will work on the indigo side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1