Coming Soon JLR InControl - Indigo 2022.1 and Python 3

Posted on
Sat May 14, 2022 4:40 am
neilk offline

Coming Soon JLR InControl - Indigo 2022.1 and Python 3

I may well be the only user of this plugin, and it runs fine under 2022.1 but it will be migrated to Python 3, before my lease ends in December !

Neil

Posted on
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:01 am
neilk offline

Re: Coming Soon JLR InControl - Indigo 2022.1 and Python 3

One final check, I currently don't have plans to migrate this plugin as my car goes back very soon and I won't be able to maintain. It is probably not a huge effort to upgrade, but JLR are making it harder for third parties to access the API and I suspect it will die on Monday when they role out the changes. If by any chance anyone uses this and I can try but otherwise this one will not be moved forward.

Neil

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:35 am
neilk offline

Re: Coming Soon JLR InControl - Indigo 2022.1 and Python 3

In the end I did upgrade this and fixed a issue that JLR changed the API, so reverse GeoCode calls no longer work, but you can still get the longitude and latitude back if you want to use the location. The rumoured blocking of third parties did not happen and it was fairly trivial to upgrade.

It is tested and has been working but use at your own risk and support may be challenging when the old car goes, so I won't publish to the plugin store unless somebody needs it.

https://github.com/neilkplugins/JLRInControl-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/2022.0.2-Alpha

Neil

Page 1 of 1