Issue with consumption data

Posted on
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:40 pm
neilk offline

Issue with consumption data

Hi all,
If anyone is using the consumption functionality, is it working for you ? Since the time change I am not getting a full days consumption data from the API, I get 47 records not 48. I was convinced it was my code, but the API call I generate is correct (checking with Postman) and it may be an issue with my meter as it is also missing from my Octopus Energy Dashboard. Interested if it is working for anyone else ?
Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:14 am
neilk offline

Re: Issue with consumption data

Hi all,
I did get to the bottom of my issue.

I am not sure if anyone is using the Consumption data functionality but due to an inconsistency in the way data is collected between SMETS1 and SMETS2 my approach to calculating daily actual costs is broken, as well as the presentation of daily rates.

My code did accommodate for the BST/GMT change, however with a SMETS2 meter data is only collected 23:30 to 23:30 so the last 30 minute period is not available. This is masked during BST is we have the extra hour to play with. The same API call will return the "correct" data for someone with a SMETS1 meter, but will be missing 30 minutes for a SMETS 2 and I cannot think of an easy way to present the change elegantly.

Before I put too much time into this, does anyone need or rely on this functionality ? If not then I will likely simplify this plugin and move more attention to the Hildebrand/Glow plugin that is not tied to a particular supplier (and their data is a natural day) and deprecate the parts that may otherwise be cumbersome to control/present.

Open to ideas, suggestions or requests.

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:48 am
racarter offline

Hi Neil

I'm on EDF so have no need of this functionality.

Regards

Alan

Posted on
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:55 pm
neilk offline

I have just posted a pre-release version https://github.com/neilkplugins/Octopus_Energy-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/0.2.16-alpha that has had limited testing but should address this issue for users of the Consumption functionality, and who have a SMETS2 meter.

Let me know if anyone needs a SMETS1 version and I can create a configurable version, but this would need some testing.

Page 1 of 1