exception in deviceStartComm(Electricity Price)

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:13 pm
petematheson offline

exception in deviceStartComm(Electricity Price)

Evening!

I'm getting these errors with the 0.2.0 Plugin.

Octopus Energy Error exception in deviceStartComm(Electricity Price): local variable 'current_tariff' referenced before assignment

Have I missed a variable or something?
Prices are not currently updating.

Full debug:
Octopus Energy Debug Starting device: Electricity Price
Octopus Energy Debug 1425406849 Electricity Price
Octopus Energy Debug Need to Update Current 2020-10-13T22:30:00Z Stored 2020-10-13T21:30:00Z for Electricity Price
Octopus Energy Debug No Need to update daily - same day as last update Electricity Price
Octopus Energy Debug No Need for the Afternoon refresh - it is not 17:00Z or it has been done for Electricity Price
Octopus Energy Debug No Updates required for device through daily_update or afternoon refresh for Electricity Price
Octopus Energy Error exception in deviceStartComm(Electricity Price): local variable 'current_tariff' referenced before assignment
Octopus Energy Debug Starting concurrent thread

Posted on
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:58 am
neilk offline

Re: exception in deviceStartComm(Electricity Price)

Pete - Octopus have been having some problems with their price feed over the last couple of days and I suspect this is related. I will check tonight and let you know but unlikely to be anything you have done.

Posted on
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:45 pm
neilk offline

Re: exception in deviceStartComm(Electricity Price)

Pete - check out https://github.com/neilkplugins/Octopus_Energy-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/0.2.14-alpha I realise that I had not pushed this version to the app store and it deals with the API issues more elegantly. I have just spotted an error when I was about to push to the app store which I will address first but it is largely cosmetic.

The version has quite a lot of new features, and includes the ability to retrieve the historic usage data from your account as well as calculating the lowest cost periods to run a load (for loads of different lengths), i.e. I want to charge the car for 4 hours, the best time to start is

Page 1 of 1