Not able to create a new trigger with WLED Recall Preset

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:53 pm
rodb offline

Not able to create a new trigger with WLED Recall Preset

Creating a trigger with Actions -> Type "Recall Preset (WLED Actions)"

I get the following error in the Configure Recall Preset Edit window when I attempt to set the preset number.

Error validating fields. Hover over the red
field labels above to see the error reason.

In the log I get this error.

WLED Error Error in plugin execution UiValidate:

File "plugin.py", line 370, in validateActionConfigUi
type: name 'xrange' is not defined

Using 13.3 WLED. I have tried going back to 11, same error.

I cannot create new triggers or edit existing working triggers with Recall Preset as the Action.

Just changing the preset number on a working Recall Preset action generates the error.

I can duplicate a working trigger and use it for different triggers but am limited to the 0 and 1 that I had already created. The newer version of WLED doesn't use 0 for preset IDs so I am stuck with just 1.

Indigo 2022.1.2

Posted on
Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:50 pm
neilk offline

Re: Not able to create a new trigger with WLED Recall Preset

Hi rodb,
It has been some time since I dug deep into this plugin and I have fallen behind testing with newer WLED versions. I will take a look and I sure it can be resolved but it may be the weekend as I am mid migration onto a new Mac for my development machine.
Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:25 pm
neilk offline

rodb,

Actually it was a really simple fix, and apologies something I missed in the migration to Python 3 and the subsequent testing. the xrange becomes simply range in Python 3.

I will spend some more time at the weekend checking for more issues but in the interim try

https://github.com/neilkplugins/WLED-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/2022.0.2alpha

That should give you access to those presets !

Please let me know if this works for you, and I should be able to formalise as well at the weekend.

Neil

Posted on
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:02 pm
rodb offline

neilk, Recall Preset now works great with WLED version 0.13.3.

It is the only Action I use and tested.

It has red text in the Configure Recall Preset window on error that says to hover over
red field labels to see the error reason. I didn't understand this when I got the error
before. I get no error now but when I intentionally get it to error by putting in a letter
instead of a number, because I was curious, I get the red message but I see nothing
red to hover over. Not a problem because editing Recall Preset works now.

I very much appreciate that you created this plugin and took the time to update.

Posted on
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:10 pm
neilk offline

Not a problem, and thanks for the feedback. WLED was my first plugin after learning python and the Indigo API, an the code is more than ugly but it does work. I will take a look at the validation as it should give a useful indication of the issue, but entirely possible the implementation was clumsy. It is more useful when you have multiple fields to validate, but that is no excuse :-)

Update: I spotted the error in the validation, failed to change the field name when I cut and pasted the validation from another action, hence the wrong field name passed back and no highlighting, this will be fixed in the formal released version.

Posted on
Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:07 pm
neilk offline

Version 2022.0.3 posted to the plugin store that removes this issue (and the other use of orange I had missed) as well as the UI validation bug you highlighted when the field was not highlighted.

Page 1 of 1