Online Sensor plugin

Posted on
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:17 pm
dkillmer offline

Re: Online Sensor plugin

I decided to bag the plugin and write a simple script.

import speedtest

st = speedtest.Speedtest()

indigo.variable.updateValue("DownloadSpeed", str("{:.2f}".format(st.download()/1000000)))
indigo.variable.updateValue("UploadSpeed", str("{:.2f}".format(st.upload()/1000000)))

Posted on
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:59 pm
kmarkley offline

When the plugin was built, speedtest.py automatically tried to share the results and threw an exception if unable to. It looks like the current version makes this optional. I'll need to make a few changes to the plugin to work with the new library, but should be able to do so later this week.

Posted on
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:41 pm
jstewart30 offline

kmarkley wrote:
When the plugin was built, speedtest.py automatically tried to share the results and threw an exception if unable to. It looks like the current version makes this optional. I'll need to make a few changes to the plugin to work with the new library, but should be able to do so later this week.

I'm having the same error about not being able to submit results to speedtest. Running 10.13 if that helps at all. Just wanted to see if you are able to implement the above change and/or if there's any other insight as to why the error is occurring. Thanks in advance!