Can't get Shelly H&T configured

Posted on
Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:26 pm
madscientist offline

Can't get Shelly H&T configured

Hoping somebody can help me get a couple H&T sensors configured properly. I've been playing with this for hours and just can't get it to work. I must be missing something.

I have FlyingDiver's MQTT Connector plugin installed and running. It's showing a state of "Connected 0" with a green dot icon.

1.jpg
1.jpg (35.84 KiB) Viewed 843 times

The H&T device is posting to the topic shellies/shellyht-2C85E7

2.jpg
2.jpg (66.49 KiB) Viewed 843 times

I have created a trigger of the type MQTT Connector Event and have configured it as follows:

3.jpg
3.jpg (93.72 KiB) Viewed 843 times

I have installed the ShellyMQTT plug-in and configured a device as follows:

5.jpg
5.jpg (70.7 KiB) Viewed 843 times

As expected the H&T sensor is periodically updating the topic shellies/shellyht-2C85E7/sensor with temperature, humidity and battery values, but the Indigo ShellyMQTT device does not get updated. It is still showing Last Update: 2000-01-01 00:00:00.

What step am I missing? Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted on
Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:47 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

Re: Can't get Shelly H&T configured

Hi there! That all looks perfect, but I'm assuming you might have missed one step as I don't see it mentioned.

In your MQTT Broker device (Raspberry Pi MQTT broker), in Device Settings, have you subscribed the broker connection to the shellies topic? You want to make sure the broker device is internally subscribed to "shellies/#" in order to get the MQTT Broker to send all shelly traffic to Indigo. Only then will message be dispatched via your trigger onto the "shelly" message type to all the Indigo Shelly devices.

You will notice I have some extra topics, but you will want to confirm you have "shellies/#" and add it if it is missing.
Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 5.39.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 5.39.24 PM.png (60.17 KiB) Viewed 821 times

Posted on
Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:32 pm
madscientist offline

Re: Can't get Shelly H&T configured

Thanks. I did have it subscribed to some topics, but I was using the full Shelly topic name. Changing this to shellies/# did the trick!

Page 1 of 1