Shelly1 PM

Posted on
Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:37 pm
SMUSEBY offline

Shelly1 PM

I have managed to set up several Shelly 1 relays, but cannot connect the Shelly 1PM to Indigo.
In Indigo, the setting for the MQTT Topic Root is "shellies/shelly1PM-84CCA89F6D1F". I have tried altering the device name with "shelly1 PM", "shelly1", and "shelly 1PM", but none work. (I copy/pasted the Mac address from the Device Info setting. I am able to control the device from my browser.
Could my error be in the device configuration? - I have used the same settings that I did for the Shelly1, and have guessed at those for the Shelly1PM (temperature units, max watts, etc. - they don't seem likely to be an issue).
Probably an obvious error, but I'm stumped.
Bob

Posted on
Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:23 pm
SMUSEBY offline

Re: Shelly1 PM

Fixed - it's "pm", not "PM".
I stumbled on the fix by deleting the device, and when adding the device back, Indigo found it and populated the fields - with lower case pm.
Is there some trick to encourage Indigo find a new device, and have the populated field available when creating the new device?

Posted on
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:39 pm
FlyingDiver offline

You have to wait long enough for the device to broadcast it's status message. That's after you've set up the connector subscription and trigger. Probably power cycling the device after those are set would do it.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:04 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

Yeah that field isn't really something you should be guessing at. It should come from either looking at the MQTT messages over the broker or by using the one of the discovered devices.

You should have seen an entry in the log where ShellyMQTT logged that it found anew device. This will occur when that device announces itself. This occurs automatically on startup, but you can tell all shelly devices to announce themselves (regardless if they are added to Indigo) by using the "Discover All Shellies" menu item in the plugin menu. If you restart the plugin though, those "discoveries" are lost and you must tell all devices to announce themselves again, or wait for a device to restart.

I might look into having the plugin request all devices announce themselves each time the plugin starts.

Posted on
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:11 pm
SMUSEBY offline

Now I'm back with the same issue, this time for a Shelly2.5: is there anything peculiar about this device and Indigo? (as before, I can control it from the browser, but not from Indigo).
I've created 2 devices in Indigo for the one Shelly2.5, with the same MQTT topic root: shellies/shelly25-98CDAC2C67A7, with Channel 1 and Channel 2 respectively.

Posted on
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:18 pm
SMUSEBY offline

I cycled the power and discovered the proper name from the event log is "shellyswitch25".
That fixed it.

Posted on
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:22 pm
SMUSEBY offline

No more Shelly models (for now).
The event log also has the Mac address - which, without ':''s, is hard to do. Wish I'd known about this feature. Very nice.

Page 1 of 1