Shelly i3

Posted on
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:03 pm
Colly offline

Shelly i3

Hi Aaron,
I received a couple of Shelly i3's in the post today if you are interested in adding to the plugin. Happy to help out with testing.
https://shop.shelly.cloud/shelly-i3-wifi-smart-home-automation#363
Rgds
Colly

Posted on
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:17 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

Re: Shelly i3

Hi Colly,

I am actually behind on the published versions of the plugin on the Indigo plugin store page. I actually have 0.2.2 packaged up on GitHub which has support for the Shelly i3.

I think 0.2.0 is the latest version available on the plugin store, so please read through 0.2.1 release notes and 0.2.2 release notes before updating. The main thing to look at is that 0.2.1 has a change for the way Door/Window sensors are handled which may require any triggers to be looked at.

Please let me know if you find any issues with the Shelly i3 on version 0.2.2 and I will be sure to check them out. There are trigger events which allow you to capture the single presses, double presses and so on as well as the raw input state.

Thanks,
Aaron

Posted on
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:19 pm
Colly offline

Perfect, I’ll check it out over the next few days.

Posted on
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:56 am
Colly offline

Hi Aaron,
Only got around to testing the i3 today. It works well. The only comment have is that it doesn't provide an entry in the log when the inputs are turned on/off. It would be helpful if it did. I've tested a trigger to switch on a z-wave switch and it was impressively quick. I can see me integrating a few of these in to my setup.
Great work
Colly

Posted on
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:48 am
aaronlionsheep offline

Colly wrote:
Hi Aaron,
Only got around to testing the i3 today. It works well. The only comment have is that it doesn't provide an entry in the log when the inputs are turned on/off. It would be helpful if it did. I've tested a trigger to switch on a z-wave switch and it was impressively quick. I can see me integrating a few of these in to my setup.
Great work
Colly

Colly,

Glad to hear its working!

As for logging, the i3 acts similar to the current devices that accept input where nothing is logged. Enhancing the logging is on my list, and I have a previous request to mimic the format of Z-Wave logging. Would the following be acceptable?

(Shelly i3 device for a given input called "Switch 1")
Code: Select all
received "Switch 1" input on
received "Switch 1" input off

Posted on
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:55 am
Colly offline

That would be perfect from my perspective :D

Posted on
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:43 am
Colly offline

Hi Aaron. Have been playing around with the i3 a bit today. What options are there around triggering off single, double press etc?

Posted on
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:49 am
aaronlionsheep offline

Colly wrote:
Hi Aaron. Have been playing around with the i3 a bit today. What options are there around triggering off single, double press etc?

Hi Colly,

I have some built-in events defined that devices now use (under the "ShellyMQTT Event" option). You can trigger off of these to get the single, double, etc. presses.

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 9.46.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 9.46.21 AM.png (82.38 KiB) Viewed 2792 times

Thanks,
Aaron

Posted on
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:51 am
Colly offline

Brilliant - missed that! I'll give it a go. :D

Posted on
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:00 am
Colly offline

Works a treat, just tried a few of them - S, L, SS.
In general I'm finding these Shelly devices are as reliable if not more reliable than some of my Z-wave devices. Hopefully they'll last the distance and stay reliable.

Posted on
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:11 am
aaronlionsheep offline

Colly wrote:
Works a treat, just tried a few of them - S, L, SS.
In general I'm finding these Shelly devices are as reliable if not more reliable than some of my Z-wave devices. Hopefully they'll last the distance and stay reliable.

I'm glad to hear - these events should also work with other Shelly devices that have inputs (the contacts on a Shelly 1PM or a Shelly Button1 for example).

You may have also noticed that there are some battery events for the battery powered devices. If you have any ideas for events you would like to be able to trigger from (that might be difficult to just trigger from a state change), then let me know!

Thanks,
Aaron

Page 1 of 1