Releases

Posted on
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:30 pm
Espressomatic offline

Re: Releases

Got my Uni earlier this week and just set it up tonight - working as far as I know - will finish wiring to my PC tomorrow.

I've edited this post 3 times now, as at first the device didn't show up. A restart of the Uni fixed that. Next I figured out that I needed to Duplicate the added device to create Channel 2 output or Input devices. :)

I've wired up my Uni to use the ADC lines (3 & 6) which I'd like to use as a simple bool in Indigo. Basically any voltage = true/ON is good enough for my use case. How can I accomplish this?

Posted on
Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:01 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

Espressomatic wrote:
Got my Uni earlier this week and just set it up tonight - working as far as I know - will finish wiring to my PC tomorrow.

I've edited this post 3 times now, as at first the device didn't show up. A restart of the Uni fixed that. Next I figured out that I needed to Duplicate the added device to create Channel 2 output or Input devices. :)

I've wired up my Uni to use the ADC lines (3 & 6) which I'd like to use as a simple bool in Indigo. Basically any voltage = true/ON is good enough for my use case. How can I accomplish this?

You forgot to update your edit count, I think this must be number 4...

Glad to hear you have the Uni setup! I think you could use a Boolean variable and create a trigger that looks at the ADC state. Trigger when the ADC becomes 0 and set your variable to false, and trigger when the ADC is greater than 0 and set the variable to True. You could probably even make a virtual device that uses this variable as the status.

Posted on
Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:37 pm
Espressomatic offline

The part I'm clueless about right now is how to get the ADC state/status from the device. :)

Is it possible you might create an sensor device type that would report the voltage real-time - that could also allow use as a temp probe, water level indicator, etc. easily. With the obvious limitation that the user would have to do their own voltage-level logic.

Posted on
Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:47 pm
Espressomatic offline

I came up with a simple configuration to use the ADC as a binary sensor without having to use any Indigo triggers or virtual devices.

The Uni supports using ADC thresholds to activate either of the relays (ADC Automation in the current firmware), so above 0v I set relay2 ON and at 0 I set relay2 OFF. In Indigo I then use the Relay2 device as my sensor, while continuing to use Relay1 as my switch.

Posted on
Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:00 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

Espressomatic wrote:
The part I'm clueless about right now is how to get the ADC state/status from the device. :)

Is it possible you might create an sensor device type that would report the voltage real-time - that could also allow use as a temp probe, water level indicator, etc. easily. With the obvious limitation that the user would have to do their own voltage-level logic.

What version of the plugin are you running? I haven't published these to the plugin store yet, but 0.4.0, 0.4.1, and 0.4.2 are available on the GitHub releases page. In 0.4.2, the ADC value is exposed as a state for any of the Uni devices (Relay and Input).

Posted on
Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:20 pm
CliveS offline

aaronlionsheep wrote:
What version of the plugin are you running? I haven't published these to the plugin store yet, but 0.4.0, 0.4.1, and 0.4.2 are available on the GitHub releases page. In 0.4.2, the ADC value is exposed as a state for any of the Uni devices (Relay and Input).

This is from V 0.4.2 with custom states = indigo.devices[126000364].states["voltage"] # State "voltage" of "Shelly Uni Relay 1"

Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 18.07.03.png
Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 18.07.03.png (30.53 KiB) Viewed 10043 times

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:29 pm
Espressomatic offline

I didn't see that - I was connecting to my Indigo server from my little MacBook Air and the window wasn't't tall enough to show the states because I had the device list stretched tall. Doh!

Using the Cynical Behaviors plugin it's easier to use the second output as a binary sensor. The plugin needs two devices for its "Garage Door" virtual device and this way there's no additional logic/triggers needed in Indigo outside of what the Plugin does automatically. .

Posted on
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:55 pm
Colly offline

Hi Aaron,
Using latest version of the plugin and was trying to set up a trigger for an i3 "temperature status" of either "High" or "Very High". I read a post earlier on a Shelly group where they recommend to "not follow the manual" and use the N as a switch input rather than L due to possible overheating issues. Before considering any wiring changes I wanted to check if my i3 was overheating. So I'd like to set up a trigger as outlined above but didn't see an option to. Have I missed something? If not can you consider adding this in a future update?
TIA
Colly

Posted on
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:01 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

Colly wrote:
Hi Aaron,
Using latest version of the plugin and was trying to set up a trigger for an i3 "temperature status" of either "High" or "Very High". I read a post earlier on a Shelly group where they recommend to "not follow the manual" and use the N as a switch input rather than L due to possible overheating issues. Before considering any wiring changes I wanted to check if my i3 was overheating. So I'd like to set up a trigger as outlined above but didn't see an option to. Have I missed something? If not can you consider adding this in a future update?
TIA
Colly

I was just reading through the updated Shelly API docs and I noticed that they added an MQTT topic for internal temperature status to the 1PM, 2.5, and i3. I will add this new "temperature_status" state to these models and include a few new plugin events for changes to this state (you will also be able to use regular state-based triggers).

Thanks,
Aaron

Posted on
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:04 pm
Colly offline

Great - thanks again. Can't wait for the Tasmota plugin you're working on with @CliveS :lol:

Posted on
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:09 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

Colly wrote:
Great - thanks again. Can't wait for the Tasmota plugin you're working on with @CliveS :lol:

Haha good one! If there is good MQTT documentation, then I might be interested.

@CliveS TasmotaMQTT? :|

Posted on
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:14 pm
Colly offline

aaronlionsheep wrote:

Just in case you missed it from @CliveS yesterday... "all we need now is for Aaron to do a Tasmota addition for his Shelly plugin!" See link below!
viewtopic.php?f=316&t=25081&start=15

Posted on
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:39 pm
CliveS offline

aaronlionsheep wrote:
Colly wrote:

Oh yes please, :D

Full Tasmota docs @ https://tasmota.github.io/docs/

and MQTT docs @ https://tasmota.github.io/docs/MQTT/

And add the one thing Shelly have failed to produce ------ a US Mains plug !!! (or a UK one and make Colly, Autolog and myself eternally grateful)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001748770810.html

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:11 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

CliveS wrote:
aaronlionsheep wrote:
Colly wrote:

Oh yes please, :D

Full Tasmota docs @ https://tasmota.github.io/docs/

and MQTT docs @ https://tasmota.github.io/docs/MQTT/

And add the one thing Shelly have failed to produce ------ a US Mains plug !!! (or a UK one and make Colly, Autolog and myself eternally grateful)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001748770810.html

Actually we did get a US plug on this side of the pond: https://shopusa.shelly.cloud/shelly-plug-us-wifi-smart-home-automation#393

I started a new thread outside of ShellyMQTT where this conversation can be continued. I think ShellyMQTT has become fairly stable and mature, so it might be time for a new project :o

Posted on
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:53 pm
Espressomatic offline

aaronlionsheep wrote:
Actually we did get a US plug on this side of the pond

And working great with your plugin. The first one I set switches my powered subwoofer to match the AVR power status - and lets me tell Siri to turn it off if I need to at night. :)